Fear the Document!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeeDee, Jan 20, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don’t disagree with you but it’s always been this way. And this document to me doesn’t prove what I’ve known is a corrupt DOJ, CIA, NSA, FBI, etc etc for decades. In fact this document to me, actually gives reasons why these people were surveilled. Let em stay busy tearing each other apart so we can all live our lives.

2. LaSalleAve

Welcome to club.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

"Why Lasalle why Steve are we cross?" "If I thought you weren't my friends anymore don't think I could bear it"
    Kilmer-Tombstone.jpg

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

So you've made it all these years not realizing you can't change someone's opinion on politics or religion. How is that possible. Next time you call someone stupid remember that its not going to happen.
    It takes years and through personal introspection not constant insults because as you said even your views have changed over time. Why aren't they afforded the same opportunity. Who's to say your opinions wont continue to evolve.

We are here to share our thoughts and bloviate as our life experiences have shaped our views and opinions of the world. Other people's experiences are different as are their perspectives. A lifetime of those always trumps someone elses trumpeting.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Winston1, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And yet, Gowdy said the public will "never know" if the surveillance against Page was justified, saying the warrants relied on three pieces of information -- the dossier, a reference to a Yahoo News article and other information available to the FISA court judges who approved warrants.

So this supposedly hard-to-get FISA warrant was based in part on a Yahoo News article? LMFAO.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

If you truly believe others are unreasonable, then doesn't carrying on a discussion with them make YOU seem a little unhinged?

Slapping upside the head or calling names advances nothing but your own emotional outbursts.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

IMO, your ability to live your own life will be impeded if the corruption isn't stopped. WE the People have a right and a voice. I truly believe that despite other moments in history where we were at a crux, this time right now, is a precipice. I want us to take our country back from the people in Washington. Standing back and pretending we can live while ignoring what they are doing is not gonna get it done.

8. LaSalleAve

I completely agree with you, I just fear that this current administration is full of the same swamp monsters that got us into this mess. We need someone that isn’t a politician and isn’t a player in the political game and Trump at the very least has always been a player.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Everyone is right and of course everybody is wrong. No one on the other side has any moral value and should oblige the other by going straight to Hell. Anyone who disagrees with me by one iota is obviously on the other side and is a traitor.
    This is what I see when we get into these issues. Good old caca and the little lamented Rex are mirror images hurling fire and damnation down from their perches. Even some of our more reasoned contributors are getting extreme in their positions. What I see is a massive loss of faith in the integrity of the basic fundamentals and institutions of our country. Both left and right take turns in defending them when convenient and calling for the traitors within be rooted out no matter what the cost.
    Mueller’s investigation is just the latest but maybe the most virulent. Remember the democrats wanted Comey ousted and feared a right wing conspiracy to get HRC.......something the right cheered on. Now Trump is under the microscope and both sides have exchanged arguments we no evidence of the shame they should feel for being absolute hypocrites.
    I’m reading a book about the 80 or so years before Julius Cesar and his grand nephew Octavian put an end to the republic. You can read any history to learn what people did but what this book details is that BOTH SIDES optimates and populore acted in short term interest and destroyed the foundation of the republic. The situations were different than today’s. The action taken were different because the times are so different. The key is that lack of understanding, fear of losing power refusal to consider the long term consequences of their actions the set the Roman republic up for the fall it took in 48 by when Cesar crossed the Rubicon.
    If we’re not careful we (I mean politicians pundits all the way down to us) will erode the fabric of our society until it collapses and is replaced by something much darker. I don’t mean to imply we can do anything like on this forum but this sort of conversation is going on all across the country and it does add up.
    DEBATE, DISSAGREE ARGUE all we want. That’s is one thing that makes us strong. BUT never ever forget that we must be a nation of laws and not of men. We’re a nation founded on great principles a moral imperative to make us all better. You don’t succeed by tearing things down.....you succeed by demanding better and respecting the very institutions that make us.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sorry for the outburst should have taken the midol. My apologies to Steve. In the back of my mind I knew it was wrong when I did it. My spelling is getting a bit better anyway.

dachsie likes this.