FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Nope. It might be now, I don't really know... but it wasn't at the time she did it. Wasn't illegal for Colin Powell before her, and probably not for Ivanka trump after her.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Only a fool would believe this.
    The same or worse in Clinton's emails but we'll never know.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

No I am not going back and quoting every single instance, that's insane. I'm sure you'd love me to do that and spend my time chasing down those statements instead of debating you here. Are you seriously going to deny that every one here thought she should go to prison for her emails? Do you recall the chant, "Lock her up!" Now you want me to go prove that all of you were very pro-prison for Clinton. Nah....hard pass

they both are related to mishandling of documents so yes they are related. Of course Clinton was never President and Trump was.....I never said otherwise. That said, Trump's lawyers claims that he declassified the items in question are questionable given the timing. Here's the thing....if he did declassify them there is a process for doing so and there should be ample records of it. Can you show me those records or documents that prove he declassified them? Lastly, I just don't think they go through the trouble of seeing a search warrant if we are talking about declassified material.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Well, they've already proven to do things based on political affiliation, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then dont get mad if I challenge you on your assertions.

Its not the same thing at all. As I mentioned, you would have been better to compare a Presidents actions to other Presidents. Not State Department employees.

This is just another example of a spurious correlation.

6. Tiger in NC

See I just don't think there is evidence that the FBI is corrupt. Trump says so but he has been under investigation by them for years so what else would he say, right? If they were systematically going after only Republican politicians then you might have an argument, but this is all about Trump.

We have national elections every two years so there is little time between them to conduct such things. That said, if they truly have evidence of a crime, the timing is irrelevant.

I agree. Probation seems like a slap on the wrist given the fact that he actually altered a document and used it to extend a search warrant. Max sentence was 5 years...he should have at least done a few.

Is it? Let's let all the info come out before we call it that. As of today there is no evidence it is politically motivated. Of course, Trump's people are going to call it that right now but let's see the evidence they have on him first.

I appreciate your comments even though we don't always agree. You are a straight shooter and don't get personal.

7. Tiger in NC

What do you think they've done based on political affiliation? I'm sincerely interested to know

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea you have never gotten personal....
    upload_2022-8-10_10-17-14.png

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

10. Tiger in NC

I never do champ

you like saying "spurious correlation" don't you? LOL....ever try it out in the mirror? LOL....I'm teasing you. I've granted you that they occupied different positions but they both mishandled government documents that were classified. The consequences may be different but the actions are the same.