FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Klinesmith, the FBI agent who altered the FISA application, was convicted and sentenced to probation for his actions. He was out of line and broke the law and should have received the punishment he did. That said, there are thousands of search warrant applications and FISA applications made every single day that are never in question. You are using one instance and trying to extrapolate to our entire justice system and that is just non-sensical.

Here come the personal attacks. I have no reason to lie. I believe what I do and I'm willing to defend it without need to falsify.

True that HRC didn't have that authority, but I never said otherwise. I merely mentioned that some of your statements about the HRC investigation haven't aged well when compared to statements made over the past few days. That said, it has been confirmed by both sides, Trump's lawyers and the DOJ, that they had preliminary talks about documentation. In fact the DOJ or FBI vistited Mar-a-Lago months ago and were shown where Trump's WH records were being kept. Trump even said that he stopped by to say hello. Those meetings were all about docs. Why didn't Trump or his lawyers tell them then that those items had been declassified when he was President? You'd think that would have come up in conversation. So I am hesitant to lend much credence to this argument. If Trump had declassified them he or his attorneys would have most certainly mentioned it.

Seriously? Obama was never under any kind of investigation, like him or not. Your links are clear that Obama has followed all legal protocol in sealing his records as did both Bushes and Clinton. This isn't unusual.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

One instance? Every single investigation onto Trump to date has been all lies. Nothing has "stuck".

Is this time (D)ifferent?

How many times do you need to say Trump broke the law before actually charging him with a crime?

Is this the one?

Well you did lie so you can back it up or not. Liar.

They did.

fanatic likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

In case you forgot about your "logic":

upload_2022-8-10_9-11-7.png

Attached Files:

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Paul Manafort, trump's campaign manager, admitted this week in an interview with Business Insider that he shared campaign polling data with Russia. Care to retract your attack?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  5. Tiger in NC

My statement related only to the FISA investigation. Again, you are trying to extrapolate into something much larger. That said, Trump is a very wealthy man who can afford the best attorneys (See OJ) plus he has had an entire political party covering for him for a long time. Many Republicans were willing to hold their nose and excuse his behavior because they were getting their judges nominated and their legislative goals being addressed. Republicans never cooperated with congressional investigation. The difference now is that this isn't one politician investigating another politician. This is the DOJ. This is the FBI. These are not civil matters, they are criminal. I'll give it to him....Trump has managed to stay ahead of the heat until now. You like to say, "the walls are closing in.....you got him this time!" I've never said any such thing. It may take longer to catch up to a wealthy guy with an entire political party covering for him but eventually the facts do catch up. We will see what the DOJ has on him and we will see if it "sticks."

charging a former president with a crime is a big deal, a very big deal. it's never been done before. so, yes, the DOJ owes it to the American people, themselves and former Prez Trump to cross all their T's and dot all their I's. Just because you aren't hearing about an investigation doesn't mean one isn't going on.

Back to the personal.....

link?

6. Tiger in NC

I stand by that statement. I was very careful to say "wittingly or unwittingly." Trump is sloppy. We know that Manafort was sharing polling data with them during the campaign. We know that a large portion of his financing for his business prior to 2016 was financed by Russians. His sons bragged about it.

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Questions that should be repeated, over and over:

1- if the search was unjustified why hasn't trump released the warrant?
    2- why did trump have government documents in his possession in the first place, especially when some had already been seized and he was advised about not keeping anything further?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This was in your OP accusing us here of being hypocrites.

"Many of your comments from then aren't aging well. I got a kick out of the outrage many of you displayed then and now are saying the exact opposite. "

We can play childish games like this or you can back up your statements as you said you could? Or say I am being personal when it was you who ummmm, tried to call us out 1st..

Let me know.

9. Tiger in NC

I have the same two questions. I'm home today recovering from some minor surgery and I just heard on the news that Trump's lawyers are refusing to release the warrant because they feel it is the responsibility of the DOJ. That said, they know the DOJ isn't going to do it; they have no reason to. This creates the ambiguous space that Trump needs to create his own reality and make silly claims like they planted evidence or they rifled through Melania's panty drawer or they ransacked the place. This creates the victim hood he needs to go to his supporters and say, "see, I'm the victim here....." It's classic Trump.

10. Tiger in NC

they are your own words, not mine. you said them, I didn't. I simply pointed it out. you have no words of mine to prove that I am a liar, as you say. just stop it. I'm not going to play your little game today. If you have something of substance to say, an opinion about what you think is going on behind the scenes, why you think Trump will beat the rap, etc. then please do.....but if all you are going to do is call me names every other post then you should just stop.