Favorite take out pizza

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by OkieTigerTK, Dec 23, 2006.

1. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

Mellow Mushroom Pizza.

hands down

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

<--- Has no free will. Daughter chooses the pizza or we will not hear the end of it.

Back at LSU in the late 70's there use to be a hole in the wall pizza place in the shopping center behind LSU off of highland across from the varsity called Pete and Tillies (I guess after the movie). They would double stuff the pizza (like eating a triple decker sandwich) with cheese flowing out of every seam. I still remember that pizza and even as an always famished 18 year old, one slice would fill you up.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The best pizza I ever had was over mountains in Innsbruck, Austria. They really did the bread right and didn't overwhelm it with sauces, cheese and toppings. The sauce was brushed on, not ladled and the toppings were in huge thin slices rather than diced. They used things we don't see here much like fresh tomato, leeks, and capers. Lightly cheesed. It was great.

4. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

Ahhh, Godfathers in Baton Rouge...yum!!

Nowadays...PappaJohns for the man...if he's gone or working late then small fry gets to order (love online ordering) and he picks Pizza Hut.

If I pick we have a local mom and pop place where the folks are transplants from Jersey...GOOD NIGHT their pizza is good, but ya gotta go get it and its not a resturant just a building where they cook...but they also do "food" chicken dishes, veal, eggpalnt, antipasta, subs...its dee-lightful