Favorite take out pizza

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by OkieTigerTK, Dec 23, 2006.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

PapaJohn's

2. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

My favorite has always been Pizza Hut. The cajun style wings are great too!

When I lived at home my Dad and I would order Pizza Hut and my Mom and Sister would order Papa Johns. One time they arrived at the same time and argued in the driveway saying the other one was at the wrong house! We finally walked out and payed them both... that was hilarious!

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

if you are forced to order from a national chain, i always go with pizza hut. their deep dish is superior to the regular pizzas.

of course, if you have the option, you should always order from the local brick oven place, and get gyro meat as your topping.

i like new york style pizza, but i wouldnt mind moving to chicago for a while to compare. i think in the long run i would prefer the deep dish chicago style. but failing that i will take mom & pop new york style for now, or pizza hut if i am forced to go with a national chain.

in college i had lots of papa johns, it always came with the garlic sauce which was good/bad, i cant decide if i liked it or not.

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

here in Frisco we have a place called Brooklyns which is really good - large slices and tastes great. If I have to go to a national chain, it is Papa Johns followed by Dominos........

5. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pizza Hut, thin crust.

I also like Dominos thin crust

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pizza Inn used to be my favorite chain, but they have all closed around here. Pizza Hut was fine until about 8 years ago when they changed their sauce recipe and went to fresh mushrooms instead of stewed mushrooms and purple onions instead of white onions. Now they suck.

Now, even when I travel, I seek out a local pizzaria.

I despise overdone pizza like Godfathers. It had too much sauce, too much cheese and too many piled-high toppings. It was a giant mess.

Good pizza is a bread dish. I like it thin and crispy with the sauce brushed on, not ladled on. The cheese should be thin and the toppings thin too.

7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Pizza Hut's Supreme on the thin & crispy crust

and

Domino's pepperoni on thin crust.

Also, DeAngelo's in Baton Rouge is very good. Try their Asiago Ceasar salad.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Not sure where in Ok you are but Hideaway pizza is very good. I know there are some in Tulsa and OKC and I think the original started in Stillwater.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Hideaway is incredible. But the closes one is about 40 minutes away and not easy to get to for me.

The original did start in stillwater.

10. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Had a Mr. Gatti's thin crust last night that was pretty good.

I used to love Pizza Inn but they went belly up.

I like barroom pizza above all, the greasier, the better.