Favorite Steak?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TigerBait3, Dec 14, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh, I'd bet he's quite the homemaker. You can probably get him to "Sit", "Rollover" and "Shake" on command too eh? :hihi:

2. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

A nice good Rib Eye cut is the best for me. Favorite marinade is some Jack Daniels and brown sugar (only two ingredients you need)...let them soak in that for about 3-4 hours turning a couple times and keep the marinade to saute some mushrooms in to top your steak. I usually keep a little juice to sear the steaks with at the end for some additional flavor and nice crustiness on the outside. That could just be my love for seeing things on fire.

1 person likes this.
  3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

My alltime favorite is a great slice of prime rib but we eat ribeye most often. He seasons it with salt, pepper, garlic and butter and slaps it on the grill.

1 person likes this.
  4. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

When I was in the service (some years ago) we had steak in the mess hall one evening. It was so tough one of my buddies pick his up and closely examine the edge of the thing. When I asked what he was doing, he said he was looking to see if "US ARMY" had been branded on it!!!!:lol:

:tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye:

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Hey, Tiga, isn't steak cooking a "man's domain"? I make the side dishes! Please...

2 people like this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Definitely go up to Frisco and try Randy's sometime. It's on main street near the soccer stadium for FC Dallas. The building is a renovated old house.

The calamari is also good and the au gratin potatoes are incredible. Randy circulates around to all of the tables at one point or another during dinner--usually with a big old mixed drink in his big paws.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I thought they only had Chilli's, On The Border, and Applebee's up there. :yelwink2:

I don't get to the Frisco area too often but I'll have to give that a try. I've been living here for three and a half years and I just found out that there is a Ralph and Kacoos in Allen.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I like 'em all and usually buy whatever's on sale. If ribeyes are on sale that's what I buy. I like a porterhouse too. I find that I change my marinade about like I frequently change bar-b-que wood, i.e., sometimes I cook with hickory, sometimes mesquite, oak or pecan. So it goes with marinades. I don't go overboard with marinades. Some are a little much although a different taste is welcome sometimes. Oh, and rare to medium rare please.

I remember eating a fantastic steak at the American Legion Post in Lincoln, Nebraska a few years back. They had a public restaurant and it was some fine beef. Pandora's in Fort Walton makes a great steak, fair price. Usually though, I like the ones I cook at home.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'm a ribeye man. I take it blue. If it moos when I cut in that is ok by me.

The best steak I ever had was at a tiny bar and grill in Bergen Minnesota, called the Bergen Bar and Grill. If you are ever on I 90 between Albert Lea and Sioux Falls PM for directions to this gem. This place puts Ruth's Chris, Doe's Eat Place, and Smith and Wolynsky's to shame.