Favorite Movie Growing up or Favorite Old Movie

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by orlandotiger, Feb 24, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A fan of evil muppets!

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Big Wee----that is a precious baby you are holding......whose child is she?:):wink:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Ya'll asked for old..here it comes. I am 61. I think I was under ten when my grandmother took me to this movie. (big treat) The name of the movie was SONG OF THE SOUTH. This was the original Uncle Remus. Remember Briar Rabbit and Briar Fox? It was one of the first tecnicolor films and probably the first that combined animation. Ever heard the song ZIPPITY DOO DAH ZIPPTY DAY? It came from this movie. It was a Disney movie which has since been banned. Seems that Uncle Remus was a poor black slave who you just fell in love with but it has been deamed racist. He was a great story teller to the slave children and the son of the plantation owner. (if a white man had played that part, it just wouldn't have seemed right.) I wonder how many well educated, well spoken slaves there were then. The sick child of the wealthy plantation owners dearly loved Uncle Remus. Anyways, Disney will not release it now. ( I have a bootleg vhs copy from China--poor quality but still it's mine.)

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

The Goonies!!!

"That's what I said, BOOTY trap!"

All time favorite!

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

One oh my childhood favorites also! I have the vhs too but don't have a vhs player that works to watch it!