Fastest Guy Ever at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I remember Slip Watkins...I was a student at LSU during the '88 Summer Olympics, and LSU had a TV game. (can't remember against who) The announcers said that...at that very moment...Slip Watkins was the fastest man in the country...as all those faster than him were participating in the Olympics!:lol:

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he was fast (10.15), but only in a straight line. i remember him as a kick returner. he'd catch the ball and run fast, straight into the return team.

i think i remember tv commentators joke that at one time he was the fastest man in the US because of some track event in another country.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

echo
    :wave:

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Don't forget Al Coffee - at the time (1969 or so) he was billed as the "fastest man in Louisiana". He probably couldn't touch the speed of the current players, but in his time he was supposed to be fast - even though a defensive end or something from ND actually chased him down from behind during a game in South Bend. Lots of us Tiger fans thought that was unreal.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

5. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

My vote would go to Josh Booty or Jack Hunt.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Chad Lavalais

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Bennie B and Trindon are likely the 2 fastest I've seen in a while... Xavier Carter used to be fast but he can't even outrun Florida cops anymore.. :wave:

8. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

With the exception of the guy who caught him in the quad that one time!:wave:

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that would depend on if sandwiches were involved.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

many track guy's speed doesnt transfer to a football field. some have straight away speed yet others with pads on dont seem to have game speed.

with that said, deion sanders was always the fastest guy I had seen on a football field. that is until trindon ran back that kickoff after mcfadden's run last year.

I think he won the fastest title on that play. I remember he even had to put on his landing gear to stop in the endzone and the turf pellets were flying up.

damn I was gonna list him as fastest of all of them. I guess Ill have to concede only fastest whitey.

olympics are held in the US as well. gumbo had to clarify. :wave: :wave: