Fantasy Land: LSU goes after a new OC for 2019?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 5, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I just wanna see a somewhat modern consistent passing game but I'm afraid I'll pass before lsu does.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I would support a Payton hire.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

Shiiiiit....

4. lsu-i-like

Hate.

5. lsu-i-like

O will keep him straight; put him on a leash like Saban did Sardrunkian.

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That thought also came to mind. And then I remembered what his face looked like.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well how does any of what you say happen when your new head coach has to pick ip the pieces of a team in decline 5 games into the 2016 season then try to do all you say with someone elses team. Then he has to try and recruit from behind the 8 ball. The said interim coach still wins 6 of the 8 remaing games and blows out Louisville in a bowl game. BTW the OC you guys have chosen as a scapegoat set records as interim OC in 2016 despite being thrown into that position. Then said HC being behind in recruiting gets what he can and has to take a skinny kid from Mississippi and pretty much stuck with who Miles had recruited and had committed to us. The said coach still wins 9 games his first year as HC despite making a mistake hiring Canada. I firmly believe the said HC was told by the AD hire a young dynamic OC which he did, it was a mistake. No one and I bet including the players and I bet you were comfortable with that hire. The said coach still wins 9 games and should have won 11. The said coach had a better year recruiting his first full year and it's looking great for 2019. The said HC with the said OC are an improbable 7-2 in 2018 with a shot at going 10-2. One of the losses is to a team that looks unbeatable so as of now we have only lost 1 game out of 8 games possible to beat. BTW the said coach had enough awareness to know we were weak at QB, weak on the OL, weak in the kicking game and needed more help on the DL and reciever. The said HC brings in Burrow, Feheko, Lewis, Tracy, Atkins, Giles, Moss and others.

This football team O inherited in 2017 was not near a championship caliber team. Whats the moral of my story you ask.

A young dynanic OC was not the answer in 2017 and no HC or OC should be judged in only their 1st or 2nd year at those respective positions. They should also not be judged until they have the time to recruit their players for their offensive and their defensive styles and philosophies. You and others hear are looking for fast food instant gratification and it just aint going to happen.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    TBTrumpet and Robidoux87 like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Walmart still sells burners, right. Buy him a whole crate.

Bengal B and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

He is off on Saturdays I think.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

We aren’t devoid of talent, and though disappointing most LSU fans can accept losing to Bama this year. Having the 100+ offense is harder to accept. Let’s see if O/E can soften that blemish.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.