Fans Boo NFL Loudly at Every Game

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

This crap was festering and slowly growing. More & more players were kneeling or disrespecting our Country & flag in their own idiotic way. Trump brought it to a head. Perfect.

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I ordered his jersey, the all black 'Salute to Service' version. Very cool looking jersey. From Fanatics.com

stevescookin likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Because dissing constitutional rights is OK as long as you wrap yourself in the flag to prove how American you are?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He did come out and stand for the anthem. His jersey immediately became the fastest selling item of NFL gear. Then Villenueve ruined it by apologizing to his teammates, the Steelers and the league and confessing that he made a mistake.

He should have owned it.

MeauxJeaux likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

A freaking army ranger apologizes. I was so disappointed. Dude you caved to the bullshit. Stand for your country.

MeauxJeaux and Bengal B like this.
  6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Did he publicly apologize or was this a press release?

Either way, i'm sure he took a lot of heat over it. It would have been nice had Kaepernick taking a lot of heat over his shenanigans instead of celebrated.

Still like his instinct. Better than hiding in the locker room like Rothlessberger and the rest of the cowards.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He gave a press conference. The way he's explaining it is that the Steelers, as a team, were conflicted and so they chose as a team not to take the field and just stay as one so as not to create public conflict. Villanueva says he had always planned to stand but did want to be with his teammates if they kneeled. He took the front spot at the tunnel entrance. wrongly believing the rest of the team was standing nearby.

So in his mind, he was an unwitting hero and feels bad that what he did ended up looking as though the Steelers weren't unified. He said he believes that people have a right to kneel and that it isn't disrespectful to the military or the flag or the country.

At some level these players are unionized and Kaepernick is basically the Norma Rae of the league. The biggest difference is the paycheck. If they really wanted to make a statement, then take a pay cut or quit.

mctiger likes this.
  8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Maybe he couldn't take the fame. Probably only sold 3 jerseys up until yesterday. His mom, dad, and sister.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And I say "son of a bitch" is downright benign compared to the labels the media and the left in general have been attaching to anyone who had the gall to vote for Trump 11 months ago. I've been called far worse than an sob in my lifetime, but I've never been called a racist until now.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If you think anyone's Constitutional rights have been damaged by this, you have no clue what the Constitution says or means.