Fans Boo NFL Loudly at Every Game

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Other than watching the Saints and the Texans I dont watch the NFL anymore. If they can't give one minute of their time to honor the country that gives them the opportunity to make millions at our expense screw them. Also not buying the products that are advertized. Will watch college football until they start doing the same thing. Football goes away more time to hang out in the Atchafalaya Basin and come here and aggravate Rex.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The NFL thought this would go away. Namely Goodell. It's a touchy subject even for a corporation as powerful as the NFL for obvious reasons. But it didn't. Now they are losing some lifelong consumers and that's always the issue that rules the day. Unless you're espn who are doubling down on a losing business model. Which is counterintuitive to me.

And Michael wilbon compared Jerry Jones to a plantation owner. Which is ironic given the yes man wannabe wilbon always reeked.

But espn did finally suspend jemele hill surprisingly for the same reasons Jerry Jones is trying to protect his brand. All of this is a mess with so much false entitlement being bandied about.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well said and ESPN is living on the edge too, suspension is not near what they should have done to Hill, fire her. Love football but not at the expense of my country. I think Rush Limbaugh is right saying the NFL "does not relate to nor understand their fan base anymore". Fans not only spend their hard earned dollars but also give their valuable time to the game. They go to these games to get away from their jobs, their worries and politics to now have to deal with disrespect of there country by coddled overpaid athletes. GO TO HELL NFL.

dachsie likes this.
  4. tirk

I still watch just the sane but I don't like the peripheral drama in between. I don't watch games til they kick anyhow. Players can kneel if they want but if it costs them money and jobs later at their own detriment I'll find it funny. Also I have no problem with owners cutting players for not following company policy. That's called being an employee. Act at your own risk.

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

In general...politics aside, it's hard for me to relate to the players, the owners, the teams and the league.

The league forces cities to build new stadiums or they'll move and take their huge economic impact with them. They dangle super bowls in front of cities if they do build a new stadium.

And when they do succumb to that NFL extortion and build stadiums they can't afford, the NFL still abandons them. Look at St. Louis. They lost a team and they're not even finished paying for their new stadium. The NFL let the rams move to a city that had the chargers already moving there.

Screw the NFL anyway...they're way too powerful because of TV and the gambling industry.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I miss the NFL of my youth....in the 60s.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

again,.. I wish Kapernik had stfu and not infected sports with his social agenda, I think he's a phony, who's real motivation is to be in the spotlight. That said, this issue was simmering on low heat until our dickwad President turned up the flames,.. and why did he do that,.. for the good of the country?.. fuck no, this divisiveness can do Americans no good, it can only cause harm,.. but Trump doesn't care about the damage.

Trump is acting the Pied Piper,.. he's playing the music he knows his base supporters want to hear, keeping them focused on Donald,.. that's why he wants this controversy,.. because he knows his base will sing to this music and follow his lead.

Trump sent VP Pence to the Colts-49ers game for the express purpose of walking out during the anthem. "The pool of journalists accompanying the vice president was not allowed into the stadium and was asked to stay in their vans. They were told by a staffer that "there may be an early departure from the game". So, Trump sent Pence to stir the controversy,.. and on the tax payers dime I might add,.. for what purpose, America's sake?.. don't make me laugh..

You see this controversy is now about what's good for Trump, has nothing to do with what's best for the country.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    stevescookin likes this.
  8. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Maybe colored people (NAACP) don't realize free speech is relative in a work place since so many don't have jobs???

9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Sooo, it's okay for the players to protest but not the Pres/vice president? lol

Difference being, Pence waited until AFTER the National Anthem to make his statement.

10. tirk

[​IMG]