Explosions at Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 15, 2013.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think they planned to get away. It seems clear that they wanted to go out in a hail of gunfire with the police and do the jihad martyr thing. Rag 1 did so and Rag 2 basically surrendered by becoming unconscious.

2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

One of the things I read this morning that pisses me off more than anything about this whole thing is the fucking ACLU complaining Rag #2 hasn't been read his Miranda rights. The fact that they are even talking about his Miranda rights makes me think the ACLU are a bunch of terrorist. This guy has no rights, he gave those up when he was caught on camera planting a bomb at a marathon, got in a firefight with cops, shot another cop in the head and was found hiding in a boat.......never been anyone more caught red handed in the history of earth. This guy is a murderer and should spend some time being water-boarded with red ants and tortured by our finest then released into the streets of Boston for a public stoning. What planet is the the ACLU on, they are more terrorist than the terrorist!

StaceyO, shane0911 and gyver like this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

I'd have called in the FD with a deck gun. Flooded the boat at 1250 gpm. He would've had to float or drown. If he'd self detonated the steam generated would have greatly hindered the blast. Floating would've made him easy target for the snipers. And no way he would've been able to shoot accurately, if at all, with the stream from that deck gun blasting him. We knock brick walls down with that thing. Plus it would've kept the cops from shooting up the neighborhood again.

4. red55

In fact he has. Unlike his brother who was a foreigner on a green card, Rag2 is an American citizen and is granted the whole Constitutional "due process" thing. if they did not Mirandize him, then nothing he says can be used in court and worse it gives him a right to appeal any conviction because he was not given due process.

I think our system of justice has stood the test of time and will have no trouble prosecuting this guy. There is a ton of evidence, he can scarcely get away with it. No need to jeopardize it by treating him like he was not an American. Very slippery slope there. He's going to get charged with state crimes and federal crimes that have a death penalty. We should treat him exactly like we treated McVeigh. Try him...convict him...execute him. All by the book. The terrorists win if they make us change one damn thing about our justice system.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

sure they can use it because they invoke the public safety exception.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

That's what the ACLU should be celebrating instead.......

7. red55

Nope. Inadmissible in court. They can only use the information to thwart other plots or disarm other bombs.

8. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

if you don't read him his Miranda rights, it makes it harder for the prosecutors, because anything he says without being read his rights first can be tossed out as inadmissible evidence, unless the prosecutors show it fits into the public safety exception, which is going to be really hard to do, because once they had him handcuffed, there is no more danger to the public

for example: Aitan Goelman, who served as a Justice Department attorney for nine years and prosecuted the Oklahoma City bombing case, said Saturday that he thinks the government is taking a risk in invoking the exception that says police do not need to give Tsarnaev the well-known warning and can still introduce any statements he makes in court — because it might not hold up.
    “The government is taking a chance in interviewing the suspect without reading his Miranda rights,” Goelman said on Fox News.

“In that case (where the public safety exception was proper) the danger to the public was immediate,” Goelman said on Fox News. “Here I think we’re talking about potentially interviewing this guy when he wakes up in a hospital after the police have been satisfied that the immediate danger is gone. I think it’s a risk…there is a chance that any statement he makes after giving an un-Mirandized statement might be suppressed [in court].”

and Aitan Goleman is a conservative commentator who contributes to conservative media outlets such as Fox News, The Huffington Post, The Weekly Standard, etc

of course, Glenn Beck is in an uproar that he's not being read his rights

i don't see what the big deal is with reading him his rights. who doesn't already know their miranda rights anyway?

[​IMG]

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

i must have read it wrong.

10. red55

The guy grew up in America. He doesn't have to be Mirandized to invoke his privilege to see a lawyer and remain silent anyway.