Exodus Thread and next year defense/O line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 30, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Do we all agree that Tredavious White and Kendall Beckwith will declare for the NFL Draft?

So that would mean next season we have Donnie Alexander, Duke Riley, and Devin Voorhies will be the only returning LB's. This is a very scary thought, that your starting middle linebacker next year will be Duke Riley. Deion Jones is a senior and Beckwith is gone.

Cornerback, I feel a little better after seeing Donte Jackson, I think he will be good and KTII will be good as well. Jamal Adams will be back. Tre White and Jalen Mills will be gone. Who will be that next safety? Ed Paris will be back, Corey Thompson and Dewayne Thomas are both juniors they won't be going pro, so look for Thompson or Rickey Jefferson to start at the other Safety position alongside Jamal Adams, or maybe John Battle.

Defensive Line, everyone will be back, save Mickey Johnson and Quentin Thomas, no loss there.

O line, Vadal Alexander is gone, Jerald Hawkins may declare for the draft being a junior, he may not. Pocic could declare as well, Clapp, Teuhema, Boutte, Brown, Malone, Weathersby will all be back. The offensive line would take a huge hit if Pocic left. I don't see this O line being as good as the one this year if Hawkins and Pocic leave, and even if they stay, there is no passing game so they are forced to do way more than they can.

Honestly, I believe we are all in agreement the coaching stinks. I really think we are looking at another 4/5 loss season next year.

I just hope that Fournette isn't seriously injured next year because everyone we play will focus all their attention on him because of LSU's retarded ineptness in the passing game.

Oh and if I'm DeSean Smith, I go pro. It's not like he will ever see the ball. He has a good combine maybe he can get drafted because this coaching staff did him ZERO favors. This is one of the most frustrating part of this offense, DeSean Smith should be getting 60 catches a season. Instead he gets 10. It's ridiculous, because this guy is special.

Thoughts?

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm afraid you're depressingly accurate

3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

White and Alexander are the only two who should go, they are the only two who are sure fire first or at worse second rounders. The others or third or lower so another year would do them well to move up.

That said, I think you're right, we will see a lot of early departures. How many will depend on how good next year could be.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If Beckwith goes it is a mistake. He was a 4 or 5 before the season, and his stock dropped. He can't cover.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Beck was and still is a 2nd round talent.

People are too hard on our D players. Jefferson was the only one who actually sucked. Steele is the blame for the poor scheme and adjustments.

boweswi05 and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  6. LSUsupaFan

You say this. Mike Detilier and other NFL analysts say he is a 5 or 6. I think he is a damned good lb, but too much of a project to be a 2.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Would an NFL team draft White after the way he played this season? I would think he needs another year to improve his chances.

9. LSUsupaFan

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What is wrong with yall?

LOL its like yall expect these players to never let other people score or catch a pass.

White has been damn good and injured. Pretty remarkable if you ask me. Coverage and safeties blowing assignments has been the biggest issue, even still Adam's is another 1st round talent.