ex-president trump last night said he was entitled

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jun 14, 2023.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Have you contacted Trumps legal team yet to advise them? I mean you’re obviously a constitutional scholar who knows more about the law than any number of attorneys on both sides of the aisle…so why not? Surely you can name some others who are also espousing this nonsense.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What did the Supreme Court say that was wrong?

Here. Let me quote it again:

The President, after all, is the "Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States." U.S. Const., Art. II, 2. His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant. See Cafeteria Workers v. McElroy, 367 U.S. 886, 890 (1961)

Please point out the error in this statement.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

what power exceeds the office of the president and where is it found in the constitution?

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

trump is not the president.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

He is number 45.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  6. Tiger in NC

the error is in the application of this statement. I’ve repeated this to you several times but you aren’t listening I suppose. Bill Barr even agrees with me that this is an absurd argument. I’m not a lawyer so I don’t pretend to be. You should try it out sometime. That said, Bill Barr, the guy who plays for your team says it’s an absurd legal strategy, akin to the one they tried out on January 6 with Mike Pence. I take the advice of experts when it comes to interpreting law, not some random guy on a chat forum.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Application of what?

They specifically state the Authority of the president. It never changes.

Again, what is wrong??

Here. Let me quote it again:

The President, after all, is the "Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States." U.S. Const., Art. II, 2. His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant. See Cafeteria Workers v. McElroy, 367 U.S. 886, 890 (1961)

Please point out the error in this statement.

8. Tiger in NC

Nope. Not a lawyer and I don’t pretend like you. I follow experts advice. You do not.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And you called me a lackey…..

Look, why are you in a discussion board if you ain’t got the stones to have an original thought?

10. Tiger in NC

You can your “original thoughts” all you’d like man…I will listen to an expert when it comes to the law. I suppose this likely sums up the difference between us.