ex-president trump last night said he was entitled

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jun 14, 2023.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I figured it might seem more credible to you since he used to be one of your favs. Plus he is an attorney who was as pro Trump as it gets until Trump wanted him to help him over turn the election and when Barr said there was no fraud, Trump flipped out and Barr resigned.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How is it not when they specifically state what authority a President has over classified material?

Again, I remind you every single time you have been wrong with regards to ANY legal action against Trump.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Don't lie to us. You are looking for validation in any form. Just like Rex.

Per usual, you project. I can guarantee you that YOU have quoted Barr more than me. Period.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What did the Supreme Court say that was wrong?

Here. Let me quote it again:

The President, after all, is the "Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States." U.S. Const., Art. II, 2. His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security and to determine whether an individual is sufficiently trustworthy to occupy a position in the Executive Branch that will give that person access to such information flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant. See Cafeteria Workers v. McElroy, 367 U.S. 886, 890 (1961)

Please point out the error in this statement.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You're misapplying what you're seeing. You refuse to educate yourself even though your errors have been shown to you many times now.

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Your white supremacist leader begs to differ with you. From HIS VERY OWN MOUTH, from Mar a Lago AFTER he left the presidency:

Staffer: I don't know, we''ll, we'll have to see. Yeah, we'll have to try to----
    Trump: Declassify it.
    Staffer: -- figure out a -- yeah
    Trump: See as president I could have declassified it.
    Staffer: Yeah [Laughter]
    Trump: Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Ahh. So he was joking. Funny guy.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nah he said he had a standing order that everything that went to mar a lago was declassified.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Nobody in Washington ever heard such an order, and, of course, as you do constantly, you're lying again.

In further news, trump last night on Fox changed his defense... when asked by Brett Baier why he didn't simply return the boxes when requested he protested that he had been too busy to separate out his personal records and items. Get that... he didn't say "they all belong to me".... he didn't say "they are ALL personal records"... he said he had been too busy to separate out his own records.

At this point an intelligent person would be asking for a plea deal. trump is not an intelligent person. He's a defense lawyer's nightmare. He thinks he can talk his way out of anything, but Baier called him "incoherent", and every time he opens his mouth he incriminates himself further.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Did they tell you that at brunch?