Even from Republican journalists: "Trump embarrasses himself — and America — once again"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I used to think Rex was just a deranged libtard from Louisiana but I now realize he could be a deranged libtard any where. As a deranged libtard he has international potential.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I know that's not what you meant
    I know, I know,.. but it gave me an opening to take a dig at Trump

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It will be interesting to see where this goes. His name and brand is such an integral art of him and his company it's impossible to separate them from his person. Not a lawyer but can't imagine the emoluments clause was ever envisioned to deal with this situation.
    IMO the fact that people do business with the Trump organization while he's president is not a violation....even if he uses his properties to conduct official business. He can't be expected to give up going to Mar-a-lago or the Trump Tower while in office. That would be stupid.
    Now if he gets off Air Force One and says buy my property or rent my property or buy my steaks, that would be a violation. If he shills directly for his business or the like that is questionable.
    I believe these 200 congressmen and other officials are basically acting like birthers did against Obama. They're raising a false isssue to create chaos and emotional reaction.

Big Tiger and KyleK like this.
  4. Big Tiger

Big Tiger They don't call me "Big" for nuttin

Regardless of where this may fall, they forget no other president ran on his own dime. I say let him profit from it.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And I say that's a convenient new attitude. It's not ethical, it's not constitutional, it's not patriotic... but, hey, it's Trumpist so it's all A-OK.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Read the constitution. Nothing says that a president can't make money. I don't care if any president makes money off his business as long as he is doing his job as president and not taking time away from his duties to operate his business full time. Trump has turned over the operation of his business to his sons. Nothing wrong with that.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Covfefe?