Ethan Pocic's Farewell Ltr

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 3, 2017.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dear LSU,

On October 6, 2007, I was just a 12-year old watching No. 1 LSU play No. 9 Florida on TV. I can still remember how impressed I was by the competition and atmosphere of SEC football. As I watched the whole game with my eyes glued to the television, I knew that if I ever had the opportunity to play in the SEC I would take advantage of it. At the time, I had no idea that five years later LSU would become my new home.

When I first arrived at LSU as a 17-year old from Lemont, Illinois, I didn't really know what to expect, and it was definitely a culture shock. LSU took me in with open arms and showed me the Southern way.

I learned to eat and love crawfish, say "y'all", and throw beads at Mardi Gras parades. I am thankful to my teammates/friends, coaches, weight room staff, athletic trainers, academic support staff, and LSU's great fan base for supporting me every step of the way. I wouldn't have been able to graduate college and became the football player I am today without their support.

I can honestly say after living here through four football seasons that I am now part southerner and have loved every second of it. I will never forget what it felt like to play in front of 100,000+ fans in Death Valley on Saturday nights. As a kid, I never would have thought I would have the privilege to play for and graduate from LSU.

Coming here was the best decision I ever made and I am so thankful for being a Tiger for life.

Thank you LSU and Geaux Tigers!

Sincerely,

#77 Ethan Pocic
    Class of 2016

didit, Winston1, islstl and 4 others like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Thank you for your fine efforts for LSU, Ethan. How about steering some northern linebackers down here?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I just wish LSU would have played him at his natural position.

fanatic likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

T4L Tiger for life.

Thank you Mr. Pocic. You're going to have a more stable NFL career than you did here and will no doubt be a very good anchor for some lucky team. We played you out of position far too much but you represented us well despite it all.

Best of luck to you young man.

furduknfish likes this.
  5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Thank You Ethan for choosing our school. You are a Great Tiger and will always be loved by the faithful. Good Job Sir!!!!

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

For doing everything you were asked to do and representing LSU the way each player should, thank you Ethan for your contributions to your team and the great state of Louisiana. Best of luck to you in the future.

7. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

@lsutiga is there chili on that corn dog? Eww.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Took GDF's avatar advice tiga? lol

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think it's mayonnaise.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Very well written letter which is indicative of the young mans career. Good luck in the future.

LSUTiga likes this.