ESPN Ryan Burr: Bama beats LSU by 17 and it won't be that close.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Wildcard, Jan 6, 2012.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Alabama has genius Saban...
    LSU has goofball Miles...
    Alabama is the greatest ever...
    LSU is lucky...
    Alabama has had the best recruiting classes ever...
    LSU's recruits are overrated...
    Alabama's opponents were underrated...
    LSU's opponents were overrated...

The list goes on and on yet LSU still went to Tuscaloser and beat the mighty Tide on their own home field. How does that happen if all the comments are true? :thumb:

LSU's schedule this season was tougher than ANY in the history of Alabama football and we finished undefeated. Alabama only played a few ranked teams and lost their most important game...which they claimed they were going to dominate.

If Alabama is so much better why was their margin of victory very similar to ours even though they played weaker talent? Why was their margin of victory not greater since they played 7 of 12 at home while LSU only played 6 of 13 at home?

These are very similar teams. In my opinion LSU wins 6 of 10 from Alabama...and has already won the first. If Alabama gets this game it won't be enough for me to say they're #1. If either team has a chance for a blowout I would have to believe it would be LSU. Why?...because they have more playmakers. Both teams have great talent but most is on defense. LSU has the advantage on special teams which could lead to scores.

The only way either team wins big is if the other turns the ball over a lot.

To say that either team has dramatically changed since the first game or that either coach has a huge advantage with the extended prep time is just stupid. This is why I've ignored tv and most of these threads since the game was announced.

Two groups of young men will line up Monday night and bust their ass to win the game. Both will be sore as hell for the following week. The outcome of the game isn't going to settle much as they'll both be almost identical teams.

If LSU wins...they should be considered one of the best of all time due to the toughest schedule ever and respect Alabama as just a step behind.

If Alabama wins...they should be considered as co-champion and respect LSU's accomplishments.

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

This is logical. Therefore, it is discounted entirely by Bama.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Did this guy even watch an LSU game this year?

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

For sure. I still want to know who he is, and is he even relevant??

:geauxtige

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

some young punk trying to make a name for himself up in Bristol with the ESPN boys and girls. let's hope he's man enough to make as big a deal about how wrong he was on Tuesday morning while Les and his damn strong football team bus the crystal back to Baton Rouge.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

that's not raymond burr's son?

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

that was my first thought, too.

has anyone looked to see if he is a Bama grad, like mr bcd guru, brad edwards, amongst many other aspn'ers

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Richardson was contained last game, especially in the second half. He won't be a major factor...

MAX 85 yards rushing + 50 receiving.

10. Darth

Darth Dark Lord of the SEC

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.