ESPN - Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 2, 2012.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I agree, Tiga.

He'll bail at ND when things get tough or he doesn't get the p.t. he thinks he deserves.

Will go to a little school near Mama and finish in ignominy.

Les will be vindicated.

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I like this exchange better:

someone tells Miles that: "I'm sure I will catch flack from this, here goes....From what I remember, the LSU coaches watched a bunch of film of Gunner...loved it....Krag talked to Gunner for months and he and Les, at LSU's expense, flew up to meet Gunner and his family. LSU had a guaranteed spot for Gunner, even though it meant we'd lose a 4-star OL commit. This isn't the first time Gunner has committed to a school, led them on, only to later bail on them. NEVER could it be that Gunner is a flake whose parents did a GREAT job of teaching him the value of sticking to your word!!!! Why not commit to just one school, instead of three??? Gunner is a great QB, but he's a flake."

and then Les responds:

"You aren't going to catch any flack from me I agree 100%. It was classless and Gunner should have done blah blah blah"

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't get why so many of you are so bent about this. I could see your point if he said it at a press conference or some other official media event, but it was an off handed comment to a booster/supporter of the team at an LSU party. I'm sure he regrets what he said, bit I'm also sure he didn't realize it was going to get blown up like it did or he obviously wouldn't have said it. It's just a case where he let his guard down for 1 second and all of the sudden, it's this huge story.

If this is the kind of thing that happens when he's forthcoming with people, then it's no wonder the man talks in circles all of the time.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Prodigal Son

This.

5. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Prodigal Son

I work in Columbus, IN and only a blind fool refuses to see how the National Championship Game had no role. It was brought to my attention first thing the next morning "that it's rumored you lost your QB after 'that showing' in New Orleans."

Amazing, the comments here...

6. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Prodigal Son

Agreed.

7. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Prodigal Son

Listening/watching the video it does not come off nearly as bad as on TV (with it's soundbytes). I still feel that nothing was gained. I'd much rather hear him speak about the meltdown against Bama and how that won't happen again, how he owes it to every player, the student body, the fans, the state and he should have made a point to thank all of the recruits who still chose to sign here.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

If you watch the entire thing, he didn't say what he said to tear "the guy from Indiana" down, he said it to show the quality of the quarterback he DID land from Mississippi. It was a comparison of two different young men, not an attack on a primadonna.

Phucking people are gonna get their panties in a wad no matter what the man does or says. If that shoe fits you, I invite you to delete your account and jump off a cliff. :dis:

9. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

this thread reminds me of the thread in response to when TM7, Ware, and Simon were busted smoking synthetic weed, and you had these people going hysterical about it and going on these delusional rants about how all 3 should be kicked off the team and how TM7 just blew any chance he had of getting any post season honors and all these nuts were posting "This" and "agreed" and "great post" in response

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Alex, I'll take sh*t being blown out of proportion for $1,000.

4 people like this.