ESPN Game Day shakeup?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by red55, Apr 21, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

just another reason to keep not watching espn. when gammons dies i swear i will never turn to that channel again (except for lsu games, of course)

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Holtz?!!

Sufferin Succotach!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

Guys, click the link. Not true.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Lord let's hope not, I can barely stand watching ESPN now with granny making his pep talks for the losing team. What moron would even speak out loud a momentary brain fart like considering putting Holtz in a more prominent role?:dis::dis::dis::dis:

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Earlier today a rumor was floating that Tubs would be replacing Bob Davie

seclivenews.com/ear-to-...l-espn-shakeup/

We are hearing there could be some big changes taking place at ESPN- specifically on your favorite Saturday morning program, College Game Day.

If the proposed changes do happen, Lee Corso is out as the mascot head-wearing former coach on the Game Day tour. Also being replaced is host Chris Fowler. According to our sources, the main sponsor of Game Day, Home Depot, is pushing for these changes and they would be announced later in the summer.

Dr. Lou Holtz is apparently exchanging his on-air advice segment for the middle seat on the Game Day bus. He will be replacing Corso as the aging voice of reason and the man who consistently chooses the losing team.

As for Fowler’s replacement, it will be the ESPN Baseball Tonight and Sports Center anchor Karl Ravich. No word on why Fowler is out or what his next move is.

Additionally, Kirk Herbstreit will be moving to prime time announcing with Brent Musburger for the night games.

There will also be a new face joining the TV analyst crew for the day games. Word is former coach Tommy Tuberville is in talks to be the next Bob Davie as ousted coach turned commentator. The deal is close to being signed, sealed and delivered.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Too bad this guy isn't still around. Holtz and Corso would be getting his coffee!

[​IMG]

7. stevescookin

Same with this guy

[​IMG]

8. stevescookin

This one was the best of all: Remember the Munich Olympics ?

[​IMG]

That's why I think ESPN is the USAtoday of television sports. What a shame. Where have all the real journalists gone? Are any of us interested in the human drama of sports or just the final scores as they relate to point spreads and such? Is ESPN just pandering to what the public wants to see and hear?

I think it's the other way around...
    I think ESPN and USAtoday actually determine the public tastes.

Sports has become a lot of shallow fluff.

For example, the big news being reported about Demetrius Byrd is how his accident affects his draft status because of mock drafts and fantasy football leagues. But I guarantee that there's a story out there about how Byrd's accident affects the lives of his family and friends that surround him. The fact that he was on his way to pick up his mother and go to church was glossed over. This was a love story. What kind of sacrifices did his mom and family make to get him to this point of athletic success.There's a story along the lines of the one about Ciron Black and the sick little boy in Memphis he befriended.

The story is there...but the press isn't even looking for it because they don't have to in order to secure rating$.

I want to see journalists on TV not talking heads. Sports is still, and will always be, about Humanity...and not about the unbridled egos, self importance and opinions of the pretty boys and girls who are actually as dumb as a box of rocks!!

1 person likes this.
  9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

Hey, BoxOfRocks will take your brute out for that kind of insult. Watch it. His power grows daily.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree. terrible idea even for espn. i suppose its a bogus rumor.

remember when people did nothing but make fun of gammons. now hes an icon even outside of boston. he's genuine which goes a long way especially compared to the rest there disguised as media.

i miss that guy second from the right the most:

i also miss the fat dude who constantly spit in his coffee by accident because he was missing teeth.

the loser to the far right could self-combust for all i care.

[​IMG]