ESPN and SEC Network no longer available on Sling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Didn't get much notice (none, in fact) so I just cancelled Sling and am using YouTube TV free trial, instead.

kcal likes this.
  2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Dish lost all the ESPN channels as well as SEC and I think ACC network. According to the guy on dish, ESPN has risen their prices to make up for the losses on other Disney streaming services. F*CK!

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Yeah...kind of woke up to the news with Sling. I figure they will hammer out a new deal and screw over consumers with new pricing to make it up. Sling is giving me 'Sling Blue' for free on top of my 'Sling Orange' subscription for the hassle...not sure I'll watch any of those channels, though.

I'll give them a week and go watch tonight's game at the local watering hole. If it stretches to next week, I'll probably try the free trial on YouTube TV or look at other packages.

Corporate greed strikes again.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Hell even if none of my streaming services are carrying the game, I have been able to catch almost every LSU game for the last 2 seasons with a regular ol' Youtube search... Hasn't let me down yet.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Fubotv

tigermark likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

The mousehouse is playin hardass with Dish/Sling. Its no accident that they have contract end at start of season. Since they are direct competitors, guessing Diz wants a premium.

7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

That and they own HULU. Trying to drive people to it and to Disney+ package. And yes D is and has been jacking up prices for a while now.A couple of 3-4 years ago you could the whole package for the cost of ESPN+ today. I'd drop it but it's the only way I can see both App State and LSU every week.
    I guess ad revenue is falling too much to support anything these days.