Republicans Eric Cantor

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jun 12, 2014.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

from what I've heard the amazing thing is that this could be the biggest upset of significance in us history. maybe it signals some significant change. hopefully that is the end of $$$ running politiks (liberal pipe dream).

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nah...in 1995 Tom Foley was voted out of office while serving as Speaker of the House.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Just got a 3.4 million dollar job with a Wall Street investment firm. Hmmmm, I guess he finally is getting paid for his services to the 1%.

titoabad1 likes this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

And that is how it goes when you are a congressman who loses an election......Dems do it too.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Over some period of time (5 years I think) yes. But for now his annual salary is $400k and he's getting a $400k cash payment up front. The rest is stock and cash to be payed annually as incentives. "His pay will jump from the $193,400 a year he earned as majority leader to a base salary of $400,000 a year to start.

He also will receive a $400,000 cash payment and $1 million in restricted stock that will vest in phases after his third, fourth and fifth anniversarieswith the company, according to a filing Tuesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Next year, he will receive a minimum incentive payment of $1.2 million in cash and $400,000 in restricted stock."

What is the problem with someone getting a negotiated salary? Is there some cap on what he should be able to make? He has a unique resume and experience that make him different than just about 99% of job seekers.

Right you are and not necessarily losing, basic retirement from the public payroll doesn't mean they aren't still involved.

http://www.opensecrets.org/revolving/top.php?display=Z

There is a sickening symbiotic relationship between Congress, lobbyists, Wall St, insurance companies, drug companies, etc.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You said it in that last sentence, that's precisely what's wrong and I'm well aware of democrats doing this as well.