Ensminger expected to be reassigned - report from The Advocate

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Your obsession with him is tiring. Give it a break.

furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

How can I disagree with Oddball, duly noted no more politics.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I dont always agree with Scott Long but he got this one right, thanks Steve for all you have done despite the criticism you endured the last 4 years You are a class act and a true blue Tiger.

The Scott Long article in purple which I totally agree with

I tweeted after the announcement that I didn’t want to hear a single derogatory word about Steve Ensminger. The same applies to Bill Johnson, of course, but I want to speak more about Ensminger, who I think is woefully under-appreciated by many for his extraordinary time as a Tiger.

Ensminger was an outstanding LSU quarterback in the 1970s, and was a blessing to have on staff when LSU needed an interim offensive coordinator in 2016 after Les Miles and Cam Cameron were let go. Thrown into the fire without the benefit of being able to install his own scheme, Ensminger transformed LSU’s offense in his eight games as Interim OC, setting four school records along the way. Then, after the failed Matt Canada experiment, Ensminger stepped up and helped lead LSU to a 10-3 record which helped pave the way for the most magical season in college football history.

Some folks insist on giving Joe Brady all the credit for LSU’s 2019 offense, but that is just plain wrong. Sure, Brady played a huge role and deserves a lot of gratitude, no doubt, but Ensminger was the offensive coordinator, and there’s no understating how significant it was that he was able to put aside his ego and work hand-in-hand with Brady for the betterment of the team.

In 2020, Ensminger demonstrated in the clearest of ways his aptitude for developing quarterbacks. Myles Brennan was off to a historic start before getting injured. And when he went down, Ensminger had two true freshmen quarterbacks well prepared to take the reins. Despite losing Brennan and top offensive weapons like Ja’Marr Chase, Terrace Marshall and Arik Gilbert, Ensminger’s LSU offense still finished fifth in the SEC.

Affectionately known as “Slinger,” Ensminger will leave his on-field coaching role with the distinction of having helped developed the greatest quarterback in school history (maybe in CFB history), and he’ll leave LSU’s quarterback room in the best shape its been in as long as I can remember. Tiger fans owe him the utmost respect and gratitude.

Thank you, Coach Ensminger, for a job exceptionally well done.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Practice what you preach.

lsu-i-like likes this.