Enough with the Rival Threads - we get it

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 28, 2011.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You know its a free country and yes I know simply dont have to click them.
    BUt our board is becoming littered with thread after thread of postings and links to other peoples boards and "Look what X fans are saying"

Listen as LSU dominates their teams the vitriol increases. Everyone hates LSU right now. This is because LSU has beaten them and aside from Bama very handidly.

So I am going to save most of you the trouble. Here is what you will read on Rival boards... All of these are bunk and none of them are even remotely accurate and are rife with misconceptions.

1. Les Miles is an idiot and LSU are thugs - There will be multiple posts about how LSU bailed out two convicts to win football games. I dont think we need to even justify those comments. Lots of Les Miles is classless and runs a thug program - Again anyone who read the SI article about Les and the fact we run one of the cleanest programs in the SEC is all that needs to be said.

2. Les Miles is an idiot - He only wins because of his coordinators and he is lucky. He cannot manage the clock. - Also so much wrong with this statement as the clock issue has happened once vs Ole Miss two years ago, yet everyone seems to cling to that. Forget Tenn last year. Also a man with his record isnt an idiot.

3. Honey Badger is a thug and a gangster - Although I am somewhat weary of his showboating and mouth. Until he stops all that and lets his play do the talking that will continue

4. We have the worst fans in the world - Every time we win a game every rival board will light up with stories of our fans raping their cattle, beating grandmothers, bags of piss coming from the top decks and us burning their cars, destroying villages and someone in the parking lot firing mortar rounds into the visitor section. THis is also crap and so old and tired, yes we have some idiot fans. But at the end of the day we are no different than other fan bases. Tiger bait is so offensive to them they make up stories above. There will be threads about our state, our people and culture insulting us across the board.

5. We smell like corn dogs - this one is so stupid even we laugh at it, but it makes them happy to call us corn dogs, we find it absurd and it doesnt even upset us. Let them run with it.

Anyway, enough about it. Who cares what those buffoons at Tidefans.com says (Although many of them are good people its their moron Tide-HSV moderator)
    Or Arkansas or A&M, etc etc.

Listen they all want what LSU has accomplished so far. Hence they hate LSU and their fans. I promise you 99% of them will never say "Man LSU is really good and they just hammered us, Les is a great coach" it will never happen. So here is everything you will read every week on rival boards.

Why placate them by actually reading it. OR WORSE, bring it here to our boards... Why do we care if they "Respect us" or not. LSU keeps winning who cares. LSU football is for us, not for them.

Again free country, but please keep it there. Most of us dont care what other people think.

5 people like this.
  2. NickB

NickB Veteran Member

Thank You! I'm sick of hearing that, & what Saban or Holtz, or the rest of the ESPN crew has to say! I don't care! They'll all have their day of truth when Miles & crew hoist the crystal on Jan. 9 2012.

LSU!:crystal:

3. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Sounds like Bama fans are afraid of LSU and their fans, and with good reason. I would advise them to not show up at the Superdome. They should instead watch the game safely from thier homes. It's gonna get rough down there in NOLA, and it doesn't sound like they could "bear" it.

4. OrdieTiger

OrdieTiger Love Purple Live Gold

I created a thread like that because I think it's freakin hilarious that they can only come up with crap like that to justify the loss! I figured that other tiger fans would find it funny also! Apparantly I was wrong! Sorry to clutter up your precious boards, it won't happen again by me!

1 person likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no need to limit threads. if they upset you dont read it.

a big problem with many boards is they try to limit what is posted and who posts what according to their own sensitivities.

its much better to have open thought even if you dont agree than to have limited discussion anyhow.

the vitriol comes with success and its best everyone learns to deal with it because we arent going away anytime soon.

let the mods delete as needed but people should be encouraged to post more not less. even when you dont agree.

6. NickB

NickB Veteran Member

We get enough of that crap on all the major sports networks, especially ESPN. Robbie Smith loves whatever team is playing against LSU. I just don't get it, but I'm sick of hearing it.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'd like to see more nudity. It would help me better utilize my net time.

1 person likes this.
  8. ramahsghost

ramahsghost Veteran Member

:cool:

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

This forums has some uptight individuals bro. Post whatever you want, they don't have to open it....Maybe they would rather read isltl filling up the place with Joe Pa ****.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or red eating opossum bellies and crow gizzards.