.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

You know GDF that's actually kinda funny that you say that. Before Miles was the coach at LSU he was the coach of OSU. Not the OSU of now. He picked up a team that went 5-6, 5-6, and 3-8 the previous season. He took that team and beat Oklahoma TWICE in 2 years when they were ranked #3 and #4 in the nation.

He found a way to win. Maybe he got all the breaks in those games, I don't know. Maybe Miles is just darn lucky and everything goes his way. Or maybe he's just a darn good Coach. Usually good Coach's find ways of winning games they aren't suppose to, just like good teams overcome adversity.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

How is any of that "My Imagination" - It is WHAT HAPPENED

I’ll give your “dream” but you need to give credit where credit is due.

I knew this was coming, the second I checked the box score and saw Oregon hanging 70 points and 600 yards on Nevada (Or whatever it was)

I said to myself "Oregon fans will be back running their mouths, about how had Oregon played against LSU the way they played Nevada, things would have been different"

That’s how most fans are. The fact is, that the 2011 Oregon Team (The One who got BEAT by LSU and BEAT Nevada) will NEVER play that way against this 2011 LSU team.

The same 2 teams, the same field, the same results!

I'll give you unforced turnovers back all day long, tipped passes by your own WR getting picked off, bad snaps, mis-communication on a route, I’ll give you those back (There Were NONE)

Just like Oregon practices running a play every 0.000000000008 seconds or whatever you silly fans think it is, LSU practices punching & stripping balls out of carriers hands. It’s part of what we DO and why we have forced 7 turnovers in 3 games (On average pace for 32 forced turnovers this year :wave:)

Lets also keep in mind, we have the #8 Defense in the country and that is after playing 2 ranked teams with offenses that averaged over 500/yds a game - AWAY FROM HOME

When all these other schools have been beating up on sisters of the poor and padding stats

3. ASD

ASD ASD

I doubt there is another D better than ours. According to Big Sam we run the NCAA:)

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I didn't know about Les's coaching history, building a lesser team into a winner, biggest test as a coach in my opinion. I respect and like Miles, I think he is a damn fine coacth. That was my point about coaching at Washington State, which is a very tough place to recruit to. No one is going to coach there, and immediately fill the team with elite quality athletes. It is going to take great coaching,.. overcoaching and outcoaching. It will take innovation, clever strategies, bells & whistles if you will. Again, credit to Les Miles for building a team into a winner.

The only point I was trying to make is this; Chip isn't neccesarily tied to any system, he is doing the best with what he's got. He's the boss, he can change things any time he wants. If the NCAA crap plays out ok, then bigger and better players are on the way to Oregon. When Chip has the horses and the cheetas, I expect Kelly's game plan to evolve.

5. GiantDuckFan

Your dream which I refer to is; Those fumbles were caused by LSU's overwhelming system, and superior athletes. And no matter what, LSU would prevail. Almost like Gene Chizak, and his "God wanted us to win" bullsh!t. In your dream, the Ducks gimmicky bells and whistles system caused those fumbles.

My dream is; Two Oregon players phucked up, 3 times, and it totally changed the game.

Lastly, I think there's evidence that I've tried to be a good sport about our loss. I haven't ran my mouth off. I pretty much kept my mouth shut, until you jumped on the article I posted.

I did not write the article, if you don't like it, at the bottom of the page, you're able to post a comment to the author. Please take your complaints to him, I'm ready to concentrate on mighty Missouri State.

Go Ducks

6. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Hey Duck, If Oregon and LSU could play again this year what do you think the score would be? (Assuming the game is at nuetral location)

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I'd just like to know how the score goes from 20-9 ducks to 34-10 ducks?
    are we playing CFL rules now? :)

8. LSU_4_LIFE

It’s obvious that you are bitter. That’s ok. If you can’t accept that those were FORCED fumbles, and nothing more, I understand. I understand a lot of what you are going through right now as a duck fan. I have been there myself in the early 2000's when LSU became the powerhouse they are.

I don’t care enough to comment to a biased homer who gets paid to write an article to an Oregon fan base. I will however add my 0.2 cents to an Oregon fan who posts that article on an LSU fan forum in which is Last time I checked, "Was Open for Discussion"

Which is what I intended, not getting into a rant with you over some dream you are having.

As the season moves on and Oregon shows more and more dominance, the LSU game is only going to make you more angry, wishing you can have that one back and play it over. Nothing more than the same you felt after Boise, and probably the National Championship loss.

It is a good thing you don’t coach the ducks, because I’m sure Kelly didn’t walk in the locker room and say, well we lost because we turned the ball over, not because they have the #1 defense in the country, not because we couldn’t run the ball, not because they forced multiple three & outs, not because we could not hold them to FG’s, or because we let them drive the ball down our throat for touchdowns and chew up the clock while our biggest weapons were standing on the sidelines. Nah, just because we fumbled, now get back out there and try again, no need for adjustments.

My intensions as a fan of college football in general, regardless of LSU's stance, is to chat with another intelligent fan, like yourself, and give you my non-biased opinion of where your team stands and its chances of a better future. If you don’t want to chat and listen to my opinion, and stick with chalking up a loss to mistakes rather than what really happened, that’s on you.

Oh, and good luck with Mighty Missouri State, you guys really have your hands full

9. GiantDuckFan

This is what I'm hearing. It was my Mom's b-day yesterday, so I needed to miss the game. I'll probably look through the replay soon. I hope the Tiger's D looked great. LSU looking good, is good for my Ducks...

:cool:

10. LSU_4_LIFE

Our Defense held an Offense that averaged:
    PPG: 50 - LSU held them to 6
    Yards/Game: 588 - LSU held them to 193
    Pass Yards/Game: 267 - LSU held them to 141
    Rush Yards/Game: 321 - LSU held them to 52

Forced two turnovers
    &
    State to bench their QB