.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[email protected]

lsu_dane I would pick UofO, I still believe, this is my problem.

I havn't said sh!t about this because I understand about whiny phucking losers, I get it, I should shut up and move on. nontheless;

Oregon had a 13-9 lead with the ball, fumble, results in a 16-13 LSU lead, .....Reverse the breaks,... Oregon scores instead, Ducks 20-9 at the half.

3rd quarter back to back fumbles with TD's, LSU 30-13,...... reverse the breaks..... Ducks lead 34-10.

I know, you can't do that,..... In this case it's pretty phucking tempting, because of the timing and overwhelming influence those 3 plays had. Who knows, we might have lost worse..... Just don't tell me those fumbles were caused by superior systems, and were lost because of bells and whistles.

Behind 34-10, how does this affect LSU's domination, are they good enough to win despite the breaks going against them? I hear a lot of crowing about complete domination. The game swung on 3 plays, they changed everything.

I will admit this, the Ducks weren't good enough to win, with the breaks playing out like they did.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Curious if that is still company line. Kelly seems to have the same mindset when describing recent big game results. I think pollsters are starting to get it, but they are a fickle lot.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

What you are projecting is flawed, you can’t guarantee that Oregon is scoring on LSU after we turn the ball over, that an ASSumption. Our defense was dominate, forcing 3-outs along with building a brick wall and holding Oregon to less than 100 yards rushing.

You can’t reverse turnovers, maybe take away turnovers, but cant reverse them. Like I said, don’t do anything to the turnover, Why didn’t Oregon’s defense just hold LSU's offense to FG attempts(Like LSU did Oregon after our turnover)? Why didn’t Oregon’s defense hold LSU's offense on the last drive of the 1st half. That drive had nothing to do with turnovers.

The entire first half of LSU’s defense holding Oregon’s offense 13 points and 120 yards WAS DOMINANCE. The turnovers didn’t come along until the 2nd half. In fact the ONLY UNFORCED turnover, came in the first half and that was an LSU turnover(Which is how Oregon built a lead). LSU defenders punch and strip the ball out, its what they work on over and over in practice. It is part of our style and game plan.

34-10 - Crazy Talk! Come on Bro - Really???

I didnt think I would have to do this with you GDF.

4. GiantDuckFan

No, that's my opinion. LOL Actually Kelly probably agrees with you more than I do. He's always talking up the SEC's big men.

Maybe it's a regional difference, I just don't understand what's wrong about analyzing what we should have done differently. The article was about the Nevada game, the interviewer asked questions, which were answered, you all act like this was a challenge. Chip Kelly started talking about the Nevada game one day after LSU. He has moved on, me too, I thought it was a well written article with some rare insights, so I posted it.

I moved on, now I have been pulled back.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

The article started out by discussing the Oregon offense and the difference between the two game, which is cool. But you cant go into detail about a bunch of what if's just because you put the smack down on a team like Nevada. Oregon was putting the smack down on teams just like Nevada in every game last year, and the year before, and the year before...........And will be next year, and the year after.....

LSU has possibly the BEST defense in the counrty, definitely in the top 3 or 2. Chalk it up to that, focus on protecting the ball and becoming more physical, just my opinion

6. GiantDuckFan

And that is how your imagination see's it playing out, that comforts you, you can claim domination. My dream is just as credible. I claim no dominance, we phucking lost, ugly. I've been watching college football for 50 years, I know the procedures. I've moved on, just don't pretend it couldn't have happened to your team.

Then you can move on too.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

BULLSH!T BRO -

YOU WANT DOMINATION!

OREGON HAD 13 POSESSIONS, OUT OF 13 POSESSIONS:

YOU HAD 4 DRIVES THAT WERE LONGER THAN 5 PLAYS
    YOU HAD 4 DRIVES THAT WERE LONGER THAN 12 YARDS

WE FORCED ALL OF OUR TURNOVERS, NO BAD SNAPS, NO TIPPED PASSES

WHEN WE TURNED IT OVER, WE FORCED A 3 PLAY 7 YARD, 0:30 DRIVE AND A FG, WE DIDNT GIVE UP A TD

8. LSU_4_LIFE

SEE MY OTHER POST, I JUST ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION OF DOMINATION!

I dont have anything to move on from, I know our flaws, I know when we get outplayed, I have seen it. I admit it, I dont live in the shadows of what if scenarios, I accept real life.

9. GiantDuckFan

I'd say during our game the Duck's O was broken. Our receivers were totally overmatched down the field, Kelly said, often they coulcn't even finish the routes. Coupled with the cramping/injuries we had little left.

Chip is sold on speed,... but, why would he not want giant guys with speed. Kelly has said, there just are not a lot of those guys around. Everything else being equal Chip picks the faster guy over the stronger guy. That's Chip Kelly, Les does it differently. If Miles coached at Washington State he probably would do things differently than at LSU.

It's football,.. with even breaks, I like our chances.

10. GiantDuckFan

Bolderize, it's even more impressive.

I've said my piece.

Good luck tonight.