.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hunter Greene made his MLB debut for the Reds yesterday, and that kid is gas! 7 K's and gave up 4 hits in 5 innings in beating the Braves. Statcast says he averaged 99 mph with his fastball, and hit triple digits 20 times on 56 fastballs.
    [​IMG] upload_2022-4-11_9-28-58.jpeg

fanatic, Hou-duco and Winston1 like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

wow, that's fast,.. i don't like those panties, she should take them off

fanatic, gynojunkie and Winston1 like this.
  4. mctiger

Hunter Greene and the Reds' bullpen no-hit the Pirates today.....and lost. Greene went 7 and a third, but walked two in the eighth and gave way. Reliever walked the bases loaded and gave up a run on a fielder's choice. Pirates win 1-0. Reds had 4 hits. smdh

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

yesterday vs St Louis,.. the giants got thrashed,.. so badly, we put in our rookie outfielder to pitch the bottom of the eighth, he was lobbing up 42 mph pitches, looked like slow pitch softball, was a hoot watching the batters totally mistime their swings,.. then in the 9th, Albert Pujols pitched for the cardinals,.. Evan Longoria got a hit off him,. then asked for the ball for his trophy case,.. lol, it was a very fun way to end a blowout game

6. mctiger

Here you go.....at 4:30: "Who's going to break it to Albert he does not get a save for this?" Classic!
    ALBERT PUJOLS PITCHING!! Cardinals legend pitches for first time ever!! - YouTube

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I watched it start to finish. Wish my Redbirds could hit like that every game! Albert pitching was such a good time. Wish he could have gotten a k though, instead he gives up a dinger to a pitcher!

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

yeah, i was rooting for him to strike someone out too, gotta love Albert,.. the homeruns were the least fun part,.. our guy wasn't really a pitcher, is an outfielder.. he got sent down to the minors after the game

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hey Duck a LSU-SF Giant connection from Dandy Don
    Congratulations to former LSU catcher Michael Papierski for making his Major League Baseball debut Saturday as the starting catcher for the San Francisco Giants in their game against the San Diego Padres.
    Papierski, who played for LSU from 2015-17, is the 81st Major Leaguer in the illustrious history of LSU Baseball. He was the ninth-round selection of the Houston Astros in the 2017 MLB Draft and was traded earlier this season from the Astros to the Giants.

10. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    https://www.mlb.com/giants/news/michael-papierski-makes-mlb-debut-catching-carlos-rodon

SAN FRANCISCO -- Michael Papierski was so close to being a big league catcher last fall he could smell it. After five seasons in the Minors, he was on the Astros’ taxi squad during last year’s Division Series against the White Sox.....

......“It was a really cool being in the dugout and experiencing that first-hand," Papierski said.
    Not nearly as cool as Papierski’s experience on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon at Oracle Park, when he got to catch Rodón in his Major League debut just one week after the Giants acquired the 26-year-old from Houston

..... Papierski got a cap tip from his pitcher. Rodón, after he barely had time to learn his catcher’s name, much less prep with a new batterymate who was not activated until 90 minutes before first pitch.

“I thought he did well, making his Major League debut against a pretty good team,” Rodón said. “He came from the Astros and has been here, {in the Giants organization}, what, one week? That’s a tough calling. I thought he did great. I really did.”

..... A lot of Minor Leaguers talk about the “whirlwind” of their first callup. For Papierski, this was no cliché,.. A week earlier he was a Sugar Land Space Cowboy in the Pacific Coast League.

Winston1 likes this.