.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I think The Ducks will have to make a big splash to push for a playoff spot. 7 game schedule is going to hurt. Also, if Georgia can beat Bama in a rematch in the SECG, both of them will make the playoffs. I wish the would have extended it to 6 this year.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I don't like the concept of byes, I'd choose 8 for the playoffs

LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

I can hope, but in truth I don't think this is our year,.. though we have more talent than I've ever seen, with lots more on the way,.. we're also very young,.. and we have a new offensive coordinator,.. a new wide receivers coach,.. we're replacing our entire offensive line,.. and breaking in a new very inexperienced QB,.. and two starting safeties, and a starting CB, opted out for the NFL,.. as did our great all-american left tackle

we're gonna be a very good team, and might go undefeated,.. and I'd love to be in the playoffs, but with what I described, it seems a stretch to think of the Ducks as one of the top 4 teams in the country,.. but shush, don't tell the playoff committee I said so

Oregon vs Stanford, a week from saturday

kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and TigerTap like this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

When Oregon is good, it’s good for college football. I like the way they’re trending, definitely have a bright future. Replacing your QB and entire offensive line is always tough. It will be fun to watch their growth.

What’s strange is all the conferences can only play conference only schedules to stay within their geographical footprint, yet they can travel outside of it for the playoffs and bowl games. The PAC 12 has been the most stringent too. It will be interesting to see how the PAC 12 handles a Florida type situation, if a team experiences a Covid breakout.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

:cool: lol, I don't show you guys everything, it just seems like it,.. the Pac's watching covid closely, overmanaging the fuck out of it, if you ask me,.. and there's been some flailing around, but the conference is giving it the strong college try, wanting football this fall badly,.. and who knows, maybe in the end it will turn out, the Pac12 took the best path

[​IMG]

Oregon Ducks' second fall scrimmage canceled due to 5 positive antigen tests for COVID-19
    The program announced the test results Saturday night

Pac-12 clarifies how 5 Oregon Ducks who had positive antigen tests for COVID-19 can return to practice, play
    If Oregon’s players who tested positive for COVID-19 via rapid antigen tests tested negative via more sensitive and accurate PCR tests, they may return to practice and play.

Oregon Ducks return to practice after 5 positive antigen tests Saturday
    Oregon returned to practice Tuesday morning

As we wait for news about Oregon’s five antigen positives, look at what’s happening at Wisconsin: Issues & Answers

5 positive antigen tests of Oregon Ducks deemed false positives after 2 negative PCR tests; players returned to practice
    The five positive antigen tests of Oregon football players were ruled false positives after two subsequent negative PCR tests from independent labs.

What Mario Cristobal said about Oregon Ducks' false positive antigen tests, returning to practice
    Follow live updates from Cristobal's press conference

Oregon Ducks have plans in place should a coach test positive, be forced to miss a game

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

living in bay area and loving college football i decided to attend a stanford - oregon game 15 or so years ago. it was before stanford redid their stadium and they werent very good.

Their was about 15 thousand in the stands and alot of them were reading books and studying while the game was going on.

Most of the stadium seats were coverered because the wood was rotten.

Not even the feel of college football.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Cant read all this but it looks to me like yall need to get garden gnomes Dr on the phone to "clear" all this up.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

as if things weren't bad enough, the fucking dodgers win the world series, 2020 truly sucks

furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

Oregon fans are great, though the rest of the conference hates us,..

Washington fans have passion, love their dogs, but are fatheaded, they are still living off of their 1991 mythical championship, feel entitled, feel superior, even though we've beaten them 13 out of 15 times they still look down their hairy noses at us,.. and they're impatient with their coaches, when Chris Peterson was hired he immediately turned UW around, won two pac championships, made the playoffs, beat the Ducks twice,.. udub fans showed their appreciation by constantly bitching about him, insulting him, clamoring for his assistant coach to take over,.. peterson gave them their wish and resigned,.. I think the huskies bit themselves in the ass

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    furduknfish likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was sort of rooting for Tampa Bay but I'm not a fan of either team so I really don't care. I don't love or hate either team.

GiantDuckFan likes this.