.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

three things
    - he lives in heaven already, why leave?
    - reputedly, his family love's Eugene
    - Mario played for Jimmy Johnson at Miami, won National Championships in '89 and '91,.. if he was going to leave, University of Miami, would be the place

Report: Mario Cristobal ‘At The Top of The List’ For Miami Hurricanes
    12/30/18,.. Today's news that former Miami coach Mark Richt has retired should strike fear into the hearts of Ducks fans in love with the direction of the program under coach Mario Cristobal, who played at Miami, was an assistant coach at Miami, was raised in Miami and whose mother resides in Miami.

Mario Cristobal heard Sunday’s news of Mark Richt’s retirement at Miami and saw his name immediately mentioned among the lead candidates and wanted to put Oregon’s players at ease immediately.

Cristobal told the Ducks he wasn’t going anywhere,.. "We were on our way to practice, it got a little bit noisy and figured it was good to address it before it became noisy to make it really clear that this is where I want to be, this is where I’m going to be and we’re working on some things obviously with the athletic director to make that happen.

:cool: there was no waffling, there was no wavering or what not. It got put to bed pretty quickly

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All coaches say they love where they are at until they leave and love somewhere else. When the Miami job was open Cristobal hadn't yet made his reputation as a great coach.

I would rather see him stay at Oregon than go to some team we have to play every year but what I think and what I want is 2 different things

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

"When the Miami job was open Cristobal hadn't yet made his reputation as a great coach",.. Mario was the leading candidate for that job, but turned it down,.. Cristobal s a Duck, you can rain negativity down on us if you want,.. rain don't bother Ducks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TigerTap and Winston1 like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

oh my.....

Hou-duco, Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Perhaps he also knew better than to step into a shit show like Miami with sky-high expectations.

LSU_4_LIFE, GiantDuckFan and kcal like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

nah, Mario, just knows a good thing when he has it

TigerTap and furduknfish like this.
  7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Not mutually exclusive. What I would really be worried about is him being on gump shortlist when garden gnome retires.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    lsu-i-like and TigerTap like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Oregon is a great job. But I could see him leaving to get away from some of the Pac 12 drama and coach in a more competitive conference. While Oregon takes their football serious, the bulk of that conference doesn’t.

furduknfish and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. GiantDuckFan

Wisconsin Badgers QB Graham Mertz positive for COVID-19, out 3 weeks
    https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ers-qb-graham-mertz-positive-covid-19-3-weeks

Mertz, who starred, and rewrote W's record book in his debut against Illinois, had an antigen test come back positive for the coronavirus over the weekend.

#9 Wisconsin could be down to its fourth-string quarterback for Saturday's game at Nebraska, the badger's third-string QB also tested positive,.. wisky's projected '20 starter , suffered a foot injury in preseason, underwent surgery, and is out indefinitely.

:cool: looking at it selfishly, Oregon's chances of making the playoffs keep improving,.. oklahoma, texas, NC, baylor, TCU, iowa, minnesota, iowa state, penn state, and now maybe wisconsin,.. have either eliminated themselves, or badly hurt their chances of making the playoffs

assuming, clemson, ohio state, and the sec champ are selected, the Duck's competition for the last spot seems to be,.. oklahoma state,.. when the cowboys lose, the question then becomes, would an undefeated Oregon be chosen over a one loss sec, or Big10 team

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020