.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Giants down 6-1 to the padres,.. I leave for a while, when I turn it back on, it's 6-6,.. watched our submarine closer shut them down in top of 9th,.. then our first batter in the bottom of the 9th, Mike Yastrzemski, hit one into the bay, for the game winner, sweet

and the crowd went wild

2. GiantDuckFan

Winston1 likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

the Pac12 announced the 2020 conference only 10 game schedule,.. we play everybody but UCLA

reminded of the old pac10 days, kind of a beautiful thing, 3 oc games, then we played the other 9 teams in the Pac

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  4. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    Pac-12 player group threatens to opt out, makes list of demands on injustice, safety
    https://www.oregonlive.com/collegef...for-safety-compensation-racial-injustice.html

"A group of Pac-12 football players is attempting to unify and threaten to boycott preseason practices and games until their demands for safety, racial injustice and compensation are met by the conference..... the group of unidentified players, reportedly numbering into the hundreds at schools across the conference"

:cool: the Game made college football great, the Universities made college football great, the Fans made college football great,..

the players have always been the weak link, the biggest problem,.. they're greedy and dishonest, they accept bribes,.. they demand special privileges, feel entitled, so they are pampered and coddled, given every possible advantage to succeed,..
    ...they should be thanking their lucky stars,.. but they pooh pooh the value of a college
    education in America's best Universities,.. places millions are willing to go into debt up to their ears to attend

and they get full ride scholarships, free boarding in the best dorms, they are given superior food, customised and specially prepared,.. their books or whatever are provided, they're given the best tutors,.. all free
    ... but all you hear from them is, more more more,.. and don't hurt my feelings or I'll transfer

the timing is right, chances are no football this year anyhow,.. ... I say fuck em,.. cancel their scholarships, ban them from campus, let em walk home,..
    ... they'll soon realize, being a good football player amounts to nothing if you're not on a team,.. in non-fantasy-land, running fast and jumping high won't get you a good job,.. the people with superior educations get those

the players, even the stars, are the least important part of college football,.. others will be lined up to take their places

cancel their scholarships, ban them from campus

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Hou-duco, el005639, kcal and 3 others like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hope they all end up flipping burgers or working at a car wash.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

always loved that song

Bengal B likes this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The great Herschel Walker once said if he wasn’t playing football, he’d be home pumping gas! I was always a fan after that one!

APPTiger, GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  8. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Read today they want 51% of all revenue. I'd revoke the scholarships of everyone of them.

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

here's an updated link
    Pac-12 Football Unity’ announces demands for health and safety, compensation, racial injustice

yep, App, I would too,.. I disagree with my buddy @kcal ,.. I think the timing is laughable, maybe I'm wrong, but demanding huge money, at this time?.. school presidents are already pulling out their hair, trying to figure out how to fend off bankruptcy

here's how I see things playing out,.. in the next few months, schools are going to be pulling the plug, eliminating sports programs, including football, all over the country,.. many, maybe hundreds of universities will simply shut down and die, if students don't return to campus this fall,.. D1 schools can probably hang on a year, but if things don't start improving, by this time next year the big ships are going to start sinking too

there will be a lot less full ride football scholarships available,.. dynamics will have changed,.. it has been a seller's market, 3 star players have been highly coveted,.. I think it's going to turn into a buyer's market, 3 star guys will start sucking dicks to get scholarships,.. and 4 stars will commit sooner and mean it,.. ballooning coaching salaries are a thing of the past too I think,.. our world has changed

or maybe I'm full of shit

kcal and APPTiger like this.
  10. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

You maybe right, things are getting out of hand. Including college costs and sports related costs. Depending on the school, that football scholarship can be worth between $25-50K a year.

I understand the players need for pocket money and some of the NCAA rules are ridiculous. Give them a stipend/phone bill/ take a girl out money. $50 a week maybe. That's enough. A lot of students have to work jobs to pay for school. Others leave school with huge debt. Their "job" is their sport. Don't like it, don't take the scholarship. Take on the debt, work your way through like everyone else or go pump gas. At my school football pays for everything else and until recently, we fielded 21 varsity teams. We are down to 17 now 7 men and 10 womens. More cuts may be coming
    Don't get me started seat license fees to be able to buy tickets.

GiantDuckFan likes this.