.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

No handy alliteration.

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

sorry, BB ,.. that was coronavirus to me,.. I overreacted

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My take on the coronavirus thing is maybe there has been some overreation. Maybe the flu is more dangerous to more people. I don't really know. Sure, statistics are inflated. 90 year olds with terminal diseases official cause of death is covid 19. They would have died soon anyway.

A lot of people think it's a govenment conspiracy and protest in front of state capitals in large groups. Maybe they are right but I don't think so. If everybody who thinks it's a hoax is right no harm no foul.

But what if they are wrong? They are endangering not only themselves but potentially anybody they come into contact with. The fact is that some people are getting sick and some are dying from something that was nonexistent prior to a few months ago. Yes, most of the non geriatric group that died do have some preexisting health problem. Diagnosed or not.

Maybe the flu still kills more people than the virus. Car wrecks certainly do. It's my choice to get behind the wheel and take my chances with the idiots on the road. I don't have much choice about sometime being in contact with people I don't know and have never met and will never see again. I have to eat. I could buy a months supply of groceries except for milk and stuff that goes bad. But for one thing I don't have a freezer except for the one in my refrigerator.

And I have never shopped that way. I go to a grocery store usually 2 or 3 times a week and buy whatever I have a hankering to eat that day or the next. Just for an excuse to get outside I go out once every day to a grocery, convenience, or dollar store or sometimes go to the drive though window of Popeye's or some other fast food place when I don't feel like cooking or eating a sandwich. Gives me an excuse to see people out jogging and riding bikes as well as the occasional encounter with a friend or acquaintance at a store.

I did wear a mask at first. I know it won't protect me but it will offer some protection to other people I may be near. Now, all the people who work in stores wear masks. That would be because their employer makes them. I do see that fewer and fewer of the others I see wearing masks. So I have pretty much stopped wearing one myself. If those thoughtless bastard won't wear a mask to protect me fuck them if they catch the virus from me.

The MSM and leftist wacko politicians try to blame Trump for allowing the virus to get here in the first place and then blast him as racist for preventing anybody from certain countries from entering the USA. Did Trump forsee every possible scenario months ago and take the perfect preventative counter actions? Of course not. Who could have. Nostradamus wasn't running for president.

gynojunkie, GiantDuckFan and APPTiger like this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

This might very well be the biggest rant you've put out ever. I didn't read it, but it is a land mass and it is impressive even for you. I suppose you must be tuckered out. Get some rest, man.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have written long posts before. Just not too many lately.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Tell that to 30 M mofos out of work

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Some of them would be dead. Better broke than dead. It's a hardship for everybody and yes, younger and healthier people should have been allowed to continue to work with precautions taken.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Nurse....nurse...I need a nurse

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Like most things, perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle. Wear a mask if you are high-risk or questionable symptomatic, social distance where possible, and lastly the most overlooked, practice good facial hygiene. Most if not all people can work within those constraints.

Bengal B likes this.