.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you side with the bloated plutocrats who crush the dreams of the downtodden unpaid workers under their jackbooted heels. And I thought you were a liberal.
    [​IMG]

furduknfish and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I say let the kids go to the pros right out of high school,.. when they get injured, or cut because they aren't prepared for that level of competition, and have burned their college eligibility, then maybe others will appreciate what the college game provides,.. training, experience, time to mature,.. and a clear path leading to the NFL or NBA. not to mention, a free college education, fame, glory, and all the pussy they can eat

el005639 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They already can in baseball. They should be able to in basketball as well. As far as football there are almost no 18 year olds who are physically developed enough for the NFL

That clear path is only true for a very small percentage of players. For most college is the end of the line for their athletic career. The only incentive for them is playing time. If you are destined to ride the bench at Mega Blueblood U but you are good enough to get on the field at a lesser program why deny them that choice?

Great for those who are educationally prepared for a college education but there are a hell of a lot of kids who come from disadvantaged, educationally challenged backgrounds. Of those who are athletically gifted in football the only path to the NFL is through the college system. A baseball player can be drafted out of high school. A basketball player can choose to play for money overseas if he really doesn't want to go to college.

4. GiantDuckFan

I agree
    those are the ones bitching the loudest, let those very small percentage of players, go to the NFL right out of high school,.. few if any would make a 53 man NFL roster,.. college football is their gold ticket, but they complain
    because they willingly signed a binding contract,.. I guess they shouldn't have
    it's a tough world, let em get a real job,.. non athletes don't get the perks and advantages of a full ride scholarship athlete
    and yet they bitch and complain

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I am certain you have already been reported to the millenial police. Stay frosty out there.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I prefer "chance of rain...NEVER!"

Bengal B likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

I live on the east side of the Cascades Mountain Range,.. it's high desert here, we only get 9 to 11 inches of precipe a year

8. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

this thread went to page two. Can't have that! upload_2019-6-25_12-5-34.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GiantDuckFan and watson1880 like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    almost time to get ready for football

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the guy driving the harley is the great Duck, Gary Zimmerman

10. furduknfish