.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Hail to the victors,.. c'mon, hail them

[​IMG]

ugh, now I gotta hear fricken bama shit for another year,... Good game, but fuck...... oh, and @dachsie is right, I kinda hate that SEC chant,.. I only like the fans of one SEC team.

[​IMG]

bear with me, I need to get this out of my system,..

...Tua Tagovailoa,.. by all rights should have been a Duck
    http://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...vailoa_alabama_qb_and.html#incart_river_index

While Tagovailoa helped lead Alabama to a come-from-behind 26-23 national title game win over Georgia in overtime,.. earning "instant legend" status according to Chris Fowler,.. each play was salt in a still-healing wound for Oregon fans.

Hailing from Marcus Mariota's High School in Hawaii, a fourth-grade Tagovailoa was taken in and mentored by the future Oregon QB, then a budding high school star. Mariota took the signal-caller under his wing.

as Mariota was leading Oregon to the national championship game and winning the program's first Heisman, Tagovailoa was generating scholarship offers from Hawaii, Texas, Tech, UCLA and USC.

But his heart was set on Oregon.

"At first I thought he was going to go to Hawaii, so I was thinking of staying home too," ... "But when Marcus committed to the Ducks, I switched everything. If I got the opportunity to go to Oregon, they'd be at the top of the list."

Instead, however, old-school recruiter Mark fucking Helfrich refused to budge from his policy of not offering players until their junior seasons.

By then, Tagovailoa was one of the nation's most heavily-recruited prospects - and had moved beyond his early Oregon love,.. "It's kind of hard when I'm not keeping in contact or I have no contact... "I don't know if they are showing interest at any point in time".

The recruitment was a major stain on Helfrich's legacy at Oregon, as Tagovailoa felt burned by the Ducks and eventually rose to the nation's No. 1 quarterback,.. It took - nearly two years after Tagovailoa first announced his love for the program - before Helfrich and his staff realized the error, but it was too late.

- Marcus Mariota disciple Tua Tagovailoa emerging as next Hawaiian superstar QB (Dec. 2014)
    - Tua Tagovailoa, Marcus Mariota pupil and 4-star QB, losing touch with Oregon staff (April 2015)
    - Tua Tagovailoa names top 8; Oregon Ducks not included (March 2016)
    - Tua Tagovailoa, Marcus Mariota disciple, commits to Alabama (May 2016)
    - Oregon Ducks extend offer to Tua Tagovailoa (June 2016)
    - Tua Tagovailoa earns Elite 11 MVP honors (July 2016)
    - Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama commit and nation's No. 1 QB, meets with Oregon Ducks coach Willie fucking Taggart, but not enough (Dec. 2016)

[​IMG]

:cool: Duck fans have been pissed about this going on 3 years,.. Monday's game only made us feel worse.

[​IMG]
    fucked away/whiffed on Tua,.. but we have offered his bigger little brother (left)

Thanks for listening,.. Go Ducks

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    didit, stevescookin and TigerTap like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

That's cold,.. 'sposed ta pity me

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Hail Bama????

Hail no !! (Lol)

Richdog, Rouxleaux and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Fuck all that is bama

6. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Simply no. Fuck them and the sister they rode in on

7. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

8. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

Sean Miller won't coach Arizona Wildcats against Oregon Ducks tonight,
    Deandre Ayton to play

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/ind...er_wont_coach_arizona.html#incart_river_index

According to ESPN, Miller talked to a sports agent runner about paying $100,000 to make sure that standout freshman Deandre Ayton signed to play for the Wildcats. ESPN's report says that FBI wiretaps intercepted phone calls between Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, who worked for agent Andy Miller of ASM Sports. ESPN's sources said Sean Miller told Dawkins to work directly with him, not Arizona assistant coach Emanuel "Book" Richardson, to handle the money portion of the deal.
    :cool: No wonder Sean Miller was desperate for Deandre Ayton,.. he's a 19 year old, 7'1" beast. He dominated the Ducks, 28 points, 16 rebounds, 6 blocked shots, while building a 13 pt 2nd half lead. Oregon kept working though, came back and eventually upset No.14 Arizona 98-93 in OT. Good win, gives Oregon (19-10), a reasonable shot at making the big tournament

Shareef O'Neal, Shaquille's son, decommits from Arizona
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...eal-decommits-arizona-wildcats-amid-fbi-probe

"At this time I'm am opening up my recruitment due to the current events with the UofA Bball team.I would like to thank all the coaches for recruiting me. At the time my family and I think it's in my best interest to look at other options to assure my play in the NCAA next year".

Ducks 5-star center Bol Bol to Shareef O'Neal: 'Join me' at Oregon
    http://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...cks_5-star_center_bol.html#incart_river_index

"O'Neal has strong ties to Oregon's current 2018 recruiting class... which ranks No. 2 in the country, headlined by consensus five-star prospect Bol Bol, who played alongside O'Neal for the California Supreme, an elite A.A.U. program".

:cool: Fingers crossed, I'd love to see Shaq court-side in Eugene

[​IMG]
    Bol Bol and Shareef O'Neal

[​IMG]
    other Duck news,.. women's bball is awesome, a top team, very fun engaging games, if I handcuffed @Bengal B to a chair and kept him full of beer and bud, I'm sure even he would enjoy the games.

Oregon softball, ranked #3 last I looked,.. probably be no Oregon National Track and Field championships this year, Ducks are rebuilding,.. Oregon baseball, meh

[​IMG]

Oregon AD Rob Mullins was named, NCAA Football Playoff Committee Chairman, likely a two year term

Happy 80th bday Uncle Phil

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Bayou Tiger and stevescookin like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    stevescookin and Bayou Tiger like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If basketball players had intro or walkup music his could be I shot the Shareef.

ParadiseiNC and GiantDuckFan like this.