.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    motivation, conditioning, coaching expertise, these can all raise the level of a team,.. it could happen.

.....Taggart kicked our star WR off the team after he got a dui, (grad transfer sumbitch is going to Utah, we'll play against him at Autzen in Oct.)
    .....incoming freshman DL Rutger Reitmaier, selected to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, a Helfrich recruit, left the program,
    .....DL Rex Manu a probable starter, was lost for 2017 because of injury, he has a red shirt year remaining
    .....4* recruits, rs soph QB, Travis Johson, and rs fresh QB Terry Wilson both left the team after falling behind our early enroll freshman as #2 QB
    .....Backup offensive lineman Zach Okun, left the team, said his decision centered on battling depression and anxiety.
    22 verbals,.. yep Scout and ESPN aren't good,.. 24/7 and Rivals have Oregon ranked #5.
    Right again, about our staff and playing time sales pitch.
    You're smart for a girl,.. yes, some of the big dogs will pass us up,.. The Duck's will sign 28, maybe 29 this year,.. we've got 4 or 5 heavy hitter probables still in the pipeline. I'm thinking we'll end up around #8 when it's all said and done. 2018 Incoming freshman ready to go?.. ha, who knows.
    I'm thinking best case,..Oregon wins their OOC games,.. likely lose to udub and furd, lose to either WSU, UCLA, or Utah,.. finish 9-3 and go to a nice Bowl game.

Injuries are paramount, more so this year than usual. Vegas has set our over/under at 8,.. for this year, 8 wins would be ok.

Go Ducks

[​IMG]
    vball, tell me about the Trojans

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    furduknfish and Brian like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think 8 or 9 is doable.

We finally have some depth after sanctions. So far a very solid recruiting class with the usual battles between us and the wussies of westwood.

I won't break it down much by position group because I don't think folks here want to see that. It's all about Darnold. We have a decent run game to give us more than just an air assault. Our secondary is better than it has been in a long while and our LBers look good if the can stay healthy. Helton has done good so far. I'm a little unsure about certain position coaches but we'll see.

Looking forward to watching Gustin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the link buddy, it's a good one,.. three more weeks, can't hardly wait

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Strangely enough GDF, the one "minor" thing that could derail a game or two for us is not having a good kicker. The Rose Bowl kicking hero, Matt Boermeester got kicked out of school....what a story there...and yesterday at practice the guys who are competing for the job both went 2-6. Yikes.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Aren't there a lot of foreign students who play recreational soccer. All the coach has to do is find the best kicker among them and give him a scholarship if he beats out the American kickers.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree as an option but I don't think Helton is the sort of coach who would do that. Even in the Rose Bowl, Boermeester was 2-4 and Helton gave up 1 down to try and get closer. He went with his guy.

I would be surprised to see an open call tryout even though I'd be fine with it.

And it's worth noting that our long snapper is currently injured (should be back by opener) and practice reports said there were a few jumbles that affected the kickers.

8. GiantDuckFan

loved it,.. a game for the ages

modern problems, smh.
    http:///usc-kicker-matt-boermeester-left-school-after-title-ix-investigation-finding/

ah, kickers,.. the wild card

[​IMG]

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Modern problems, yes. This case is a great example of how Obama and his administration completely perverted Title IX. There is nothing about what happened here that was a denial of anyone's civil rights except for maybe Boermeester's. That said, his girlfriend (who was his ex at the time of the incident) is not being honest in what she's NOW saying happened. I know this because there were several witnesses, all VERY credible. However, I think it was an overreach of epic proportions to kick him out of school for what occurred.

10. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

yeah, easiest thing is to sacrifice the kids.,.. Coaches, ADs, Administrators,.. all scared shitless of scandal. Everything has to be perfectly PC these days.

[​IMG]