Eli Ricks to transfer portal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Nov 22, 2021.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

At some point, if many more of our 'stars' enter the TP, that we could get to a sort of 'run on the bank' type scenario similar to Tennessee. Guys sometimes commit based on other star players commitments; I can see how the same thing could occur in reverse.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Would Mullen come in to play with anyone on here? Florida seemed to pull the trigger pretty quickly on him (which may mean he's really lost the team or other things are going on?). Someone like him just does not forget how to coach in a 3 year span. I think he's a very good coach, or at least he seemed to be

tzanghi likes this.
  3. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Hurts to say but I don't blame Ricks. He's a California kid who came here because we competed for Championships, was DBU and because we seemed to have our shit together. Quite different from what everyone sees now. Blame it on the man at the top. Son of a bitch. In my eyes the best way to get things turned around now is Aranda. I can't think of anyone else. You just don't win consistently in the SEC if you don't have steller defense.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Mullen is one of the best offensive minds in the game. I question his recruiting ethic and his ability to keep a team focused for a complete season. I’d take him as an OC in a heartbeat.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

Rhule

6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

He came to LSU to play for O. He gone.

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

To be honest, I had forgotten about Ricks and Stingley because our dbs have been playing pretty well considering how young they are. I wish Ricks the best because he's been a warrior since he arrived. As for Stingley, I thought he played incredible his freshman season, but was disappointing his second year. He almost seemed to have this elitist attitude and it didn't appear to be as hungry. I'm sort of glad Stingley is gone because I want players that are going to give their best every play!

rockwallfan and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

One of the reason's I want Aranda is if he's the HC I hope some of these TPs will withdraw their name.

9. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Oh there are definitely things going on in Gainesville. The AD alluded to it during an interview. No one I know knows what it is but it was enough to get him fired. It may just be that he lost the team but from what I'm hearing it is other things. No one is saying or leaking what that is right now. The dramatic drop off in wins over the last year plus his total disdain for recruiting were factors also.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

See Stingley.