Politics Electoral & Popular Vote Predictions

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Nov 5, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Republicans had not won Michigan since 1988. Wisconsin 1984.

Donald Trump is the oldest person ever to become President at 70 years of age. Reagan was 69.

Trump took all 4 rust belt states of PA, MI, OH and WI.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Jeez, I didn't realize that The Donald is older than Reagan was when he was elected. Is it just me, or does he not seem as old as Reagan did? Maybe it's because he has a 10-year-old son, or maybe it's because when Reagan was elected, I was 10, and anyone over 30 looked old to me.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Consider these numbers.....all you have to do is focus on the number furthest to the right.
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/laus.t03.htm

The national unemployment number is 4.9%. Any one of those with a higher rate likely voted Trump. Elliot, Kentucky at 11% is a town that tells the story very well. They've been Democrat for decades and even went that way this time for Congressional votes but these folks worry about putting food on the table and having some minimal quality of life, a decent job and wage. Hillary told them she was planning to put coal miners out of work. They don't really spend a lot of time worrying about pussy grabbing among the well-to-do.

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2016/M...h-Century/id-06e8c4950c364f66994d194b0ec64f50

"For Phillip Justice, Trump fits snugly into his worldview. The 54-year-old retired state worker and small business owner sees injustice everywhere, whether it is who starts for the local high school basketball team or his son's ability to get a college scholarship.

"I'm tired of putting in my 8, 10 hours a day and being dependable, and you go home and your neighbor has got as much or more that don't do nothing," he said. "I look for (Trump) to say, 'Hey, you people that are on the draw, you are going to go to work and earn your check.'"

The media never even bothered to talk to these folks and the Democrats don't care about them.

StaceyO and shane0911 like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So let's pollute more, kill all the regulations that protect us against polluting, put climate science deniers and conspiracy theorists in cabinet positions and do exactly what dumb shit Obama did and appoint lobbyists to head up posts they lobbied against. This is gonna be great. Outsider my ass, change my ass.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think I might have to summon kaka to give you a scarecrow

Bengal B likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I get you are still the human version of grumpy cat but this mini-rant does not address the issues that resulted in both the Clinton and DNC defeat.

You can't run for President and vow to put an entire segment of blue collar workers out of business. And even if it's just one segment, it pisses off the other blue collar workers. It demonstrates an absolute cavernous lack of understanding what middle and rural America is going through. I'm not advocating coal. But Obama promised lots of people that he was going to fix things and instead, he made NAFTA, AFTA, H1B's a priority and continued to allow illegals to flood the country. More and more people are on assistance who never come off. People who appear uninterested in hard work can now get food, housing, medical care, phones, and other things as taxes continue to increase for people like me. I know I'm sick of it.

America does need fewer regulations. It's silly to think that thousands of rules that choke industry and kill entrepreneurship are going to support the economy. Regulations kill the economy. We are top heavy on the federal level, assessing jobs to try and find places and companies to collect fines from. This is just not the way to do business while maintaining growth.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't disagree with you on Clinton and the democrats. I'm just saying from where I'm standing it looks like the same ole bullshit wrapped up in a populist package. Lobbyists, and conspiracy theorists and science deniers getting cabinet positions is not change.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All we are saying, is give Trump a chance. He just might surprise you and make deals favorable to the USA for a change. Start by killing Obamahammed's Iran giveaway

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Hes not going to touch the Iran deal. That's my prediction anyway. All the things he promised to do that sound so great in sound bites he will most likely realize they are bad ideas and abandon them or follow through and look foolish.

The problem with the Iran deal from trumps perspective is that if he kills the deal, and they become a nuclear power in 12-24 months as experts contend they could, he comes off very bad. He won't rock the boat on that I bet.
    Hopefully, he'll wisely cut some regulations and the overall size of government. That's realistic, his supporters like it,and is good for the country. He should build from there and not try to take on immediate massive changes to things he doesn't fully grasp.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He doesn't look anywhere close to 70....not knowing him and someone telling me he is 60, I would believe it.

The way he campaigned was simply incredible.....he is a very healthy 70.