Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Something not answered here.....if someone is caught attempting to vote twice, it sounds like they intend to arrest the culprit. But is one of the person's votes still counted or are both votes thrown out?

onceanlsufan likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is an example of the toxicity in politics. I believe the left is much more likely to use legal prosecution to achieve political goals. It presents a clear and present danger to the future of our country.
    Colorado secretary of state threatens to refer Trump for prosecution after double-voting comment

Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold threatened to refer President Trump for prosecution after he seemed to suggest that North Carolinians try to vote two ways in the November election.

Griswold said she would include the president in prosecution for suspected cases of double voting "if it makes sense."

"In Colorado, we take double voting seriously and refer all suspected cases for legal enforcement," the Colorado secretary wrote on Twitter. "If it makes sense, I will include @realDonaldTrump in the referral for prosecution. He may not have presidential immunity anymore depending on the election."

When asked whether he has confidence in the mail-in system in North Carolina, Trump said: "So let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote."

TRUMP URGES VOTERS TO CHECK MAIL-IN BALLOTS COUNTED AFTER SAYING THEY SHOULD TRY TO VOTE TWICE

"You can't let them take your vote away. These people are playing dirty politics. So if you have an absentee ballot, or as I call it, a solicited ballot, you send it in. But I would check it in any event. Go and follow it and go vote," Trump later told a crowd of reporters.

Some accused the president of encouraging election fraud by urging North Carolinians to try to vote twice - once by mail and then in-person on Election Day. He clarified on Twitter that he only wanted voters to double-check that their vote had been counted.

TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUES MONTANA DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR TO HALT MAIL-IN VOTING

"Based on the massive number of Unsolicited & Solicited Ballots that will be sent to potential Voters for the upcoming 2020 Election, & in order for you to MAKE SURE YOUR VOTE COUNTS & IS COUNTED, SIGN & MAIL IN your Ballot as EARLY as possible," Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

"On Election Day, or Early Voting, go to your Polling Place to see whether or not your Mail In Vote has been Tabulated (Counted)," the president continued. "If it has you will not be able to Vote & the Mail In System worked properly. If it has not been Counted, VOTE (which is a citizen's right to do)."

Griswold told The Denver Post the president could be "partially to blame" if there are double-voting cases, but didn't explain how he would be legally implicated.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"It's important to underline to the president and the U.S. attorney general and anyone who is confused that it's illegal to double vote," she said. "We have safeguards in place, including signature verification, laws on ballot collection, and checking the participation in other states. If the president is causing people to vote twice, he could be partially to blame and we'll explore the options if it happens."

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

An new, additional variable with a huge potential impact is the "Hidden Trump Vote". In these politically supercharged, violent times where many our suspicious about you name it, it makes sense that many will be reluctant to admit to supporting Trump to a stranger on the phone. Intuitively you know it's going to be a component - the question is how big.

I know my wife wouldn't tell a stranger on the phone. I probably would - depends on my mood....may tell them to piss off.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/514664-hidden-trump-voters-could-have-big-november-impact

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the only variable at this point is how long will it take the dems to come up with enough mail in ballots to overcome the in person vote lead trump will have the night of 11/3

if you have doubts, google California electoral history with ballot harvesting.....

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is the only certainty of the whole mess. Wouldn't surprise me to see them come up with a number that puts the entire vote count around 550 million. They will still swear it was fair and square

LSUpride123 and Frogleg like this.
  6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Dont know

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As much as I have issues with Trump speaking poorly of veterans it despicable that the Democrats have used this wounded veteran’s image to attack Trump. There is no excuse and shows they have no more concern for veterans than Trump is accused.
    US Army vet says he was used as a 'prop' in anti-Trump 'propaganda'

EXCLUSIVE:One U.S. wounded veteran is speaking out against his image being used across all social media platforms to further perpetuate a story he believes is false and made up by Democrats for political gain.

"I'm just so irritated that they put my image up there because now it looks like the president called me a loser." Bobby Henline, a four-tour Iraq War veteran told Fox News referring to comments allegedly made by the president regarding wounded veterans. "And they're using that to sell something that they believe in for their agenda. It's not fair to put us [veterans] as props in the middle of all that,"

Last week, The Atlantic published a story in which anonymous sources claimed President Trump had made disparaging remarks about fallen U.S. soldiers and veterans, calling them "suckers" and "losers" in 2018.

TRUMP CAMPAIGN'S PERRINE HITS ANONYMOUS ATLANTIC SOURCES: 'JOURNALISM WAS ABANDONED'

Henline is the lone survivor out of five soldiers in an IED blast in Iraq. He now dedicates his time to spreading laughs through comedy and positivity by speaking about veteran's issues. As a highly recognized figure, it was brought to his attention last week that his image was being used in anti-Trump memes posted in and shared by various left-wing social media groups. He quickly took to Instagram to criticize those using him in order to spread their own "propaganda."

Having never commented on the Atlantic story or Trump's supposed remarks about veterans, Henline was outraged that he was being used as a "prop" to aid the Democratic Party in tearing down Donald Trump to help their candidate, Joe Biden, get elected.

"Go on what you have with facts," Henline said. "If you don't have the power to win on your own merits, that you have to tear down your opponent, there is a problem there." TRUMP THANKS JOHN KELLY AIDE WHO DENIED HEARING PRESIDENT CALL FALLEN MARINES LOSERS The original story published by the Atlantic cited four anonymous sources claiming to have firsthand knowledge of the discussion in which Trump made the controversial comments. Since then, a number of people who placed themselves in the room during the reported conversation, including former U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton, who has a rocky past with Trump, have stepped forward to deny that the president ever made those disparaging remarks. Henline said he believes the story to be false.

"I really believe the president didn't say this," Henline said. "There's been anonymous sources and other sources in the room that aren't necessarily friends with the president or believe in his ways, but they're still not gonna slam him and make up this rumor and keep it spreading. And so with that said, I don't think he really said this."

Although many doubt the veracity of the story, Henline believes it was successful in its intent to turn veterans against the president.

"Them taking that well-recognized photo and using it for their agenda and changing veterans' minds, thinking the president talks to them like that is ridiculous," Henline said. "And I believe it worked. And that's why I want to get it taken down because it shouldn't be working. People need to hear the truth. That's my image. And it should not be up there speaking for me,"

The stand-up comedian was quick to go after the accounts that posted these anti-Trump memes using his photos, and while he was successful in getting some taken down, more have continued to pop up.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

©2020 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He didn't do it you fool. Literally everyone that was there with him the entire time have said it didn't happen. Even John Bolton who hates him.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So two Arab states have agreed to establish diplomatic relations with Israel. Can you imagine the hooplas and hosannas the MSM would have made had this happened under Obama? The hypocrisy and bias of the press is as destructive as anything else happening today.
    I’ve heard no one give Trump the credit he’s due. There is a sea change going in the Sunni Arab states. They’re beginning to realize Israel is permanent and they need to deal with it to maintain a strong front against Iran and the Shia Muslims who are their most inveterate enemy. Trump and his administration deserve all the credit......that is unless he’s really Satan and we’re entering the end of days predicted by Revelation :cool:

el005639, onceanlsufan and kcal like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After 8 1/2 months of 2020 who can say this isn't the end days

As far as the media they don't even pretend to adhere to journalistic practices

onceanlsufan and Winston1 like this.