Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whoa Nelly!

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Most of us don't speak dementianese.

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

[
    seems like you just wanna insult everyone

BAY0U BENGAL likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You dismiss Powell’s disavowal of her claims yet many here put great faith in the veracity and accuracy of her and others’ claims. None of them have put forth one scintilla of evidence.
    As to investigations of voting in the past election I’m all for it and finding the truth. The Arizona legislature has been investigating the vote there for several months. So far there has been no fraud found. Several state senators claiming to have proof of fraud have yet to provide any evidence supporting those claims.
    My personal opinion is there will be no significant fraud found.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So these two comments get to the core of the problem. No gun law can make us safe. Likewise the flow of (illegal) guns into high crime areas where most murders occur will not be affected by gun laws.
    There are many challenges to effective implementation of any gun control. How do you square the fact that 90%+ of gun deaths are by handgun with the rush to outlaw “assault weapons “. How do you define assault weapons? The infamous AR15 is neither a military or assault weapon.
    How do you gauge the current or future mental health of a prospective buyer? Frankly background checks have very limited effectiveness as shown by the fact several recent mass murderers passed background checks.
    Frankly this isn’t something laws can really or effectively address. It will take a change in attitude and outlook by everyone. Rather than looking for immediate gratification from presumed slights and having much less regard for other humans lives we as a society need to step back and remember some of what we were taught in Sunday school about how to treat others. Simple acts to treat others as you would like to be treated....to turn the other cheek and to love my brother as myself. These truths are universal and taught in one form or another in every religion.
    Some practical steps are requiring gun safety training as part of the purchase of a gun and/or hunting license. Personally I don’t see that as inhibiting 2nd amendment rights.
    Much harder to address are the fundamental causes of the despair and desperation in the extremely poor, generationally poor inner cities where most gun violence takes place. That is a whole different can of worms but unless addressed will continue to be a breeding ground of violence.
    Until both sides of the argument stop shouting past each other nothing will be done and the country will be poorer for it.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That’s what happens when you don’t have an argument, but just talk out of your ass, spewing words

Bengal B likes this.
  8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

The problem is that people with mental issues won’t get help. Or, rather, those with homicidal rage issues, likely won’t get help.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Actually that’s a small subset of those who kill with guns. As @LSUpride123 pointed out with his graph most gun killings are with handguns and are domestic violence or casual blowups. The best but by far the most difficult solution is to change the part of society where it’s prevalent. Another potential help is training emphasizing safety and care in the use as part of ownership.
    Granted the elimination of state housing of mentally unstable has left more out in society with attendant increases in violence but it’s still a minor portion of the problem.