Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I think you are sorely mistaken about enthusiasm for voting for Biden. I think you are also sorely mistaken how disgusted 60 or so percent of the country is right now with Trump. With regard to registrations I have seen a few articles about it but I see the same thing about democrats too in other states so that's something we will just have to see come election day. I agree that two weeks is an eternity in politics.

2. Tiger in NC

the same as you can be "sure" that we have a better relationship with them than we did before.

Trump did better than expected among non-college educated white folks and there are a lot of them in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania because they are three states that still have a decent amount of good factory type jobs. That metric alone was the difference for him. His performance among all other demographics were fairly in line with other Republicans. But I'm glad you brought that up because Biden is polling ten points better among non-college educated white folks than Clinton did, putting them almost tied. Biden has also made significant inroads with the elderly, also to the tune of about 10 points. I will concede that Hillary underperformed. She might be the only person in the US who could've lost to Trump but she did.

Thank you for voting. In all seriousness, everyone should vote.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I don’t disagree with the level of disgust for both candidates. The question is, as always, turnout.

should be fun....

4. Tiger in NC

I saw that. Trafalgar has Trump ahead slightly in most of the battleground states but as I said before even their polling would result in a Biden win. The number was 273 to 265, I was one off....my bad. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and North Carolina were the states. That said, given all the other polls that are out there....if I had to guess at an electoral number today I would put it at with Biden at about the 320-330 range and Trump in the neighborhood of 200-210 dependent upon which battleground states break which way. If I were guessing I think Biden probably wins Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Florida, Nevada and Arizona.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i didnt say i am sure. but i do know they appear to be buds, they walked around the DMZ chatting like homeys. its better to be on friendly terms.
    i strongly disagree. only people who agree with me should vote. in all seriousness.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Tiger in NC

I just don't think people dislike Joe more than they dislike Trump. Look at their approval ratings. I agree it should be a drama filled finish.

7. Tiger in NC

Being friendly and getting rolled over are two different things. Tell me what the United States has gained from our relationship with North Korea since Trump took office? Because North Korea has been able to expand their nuclear program at an alarming rate unchecked. That's the real measurement of how well Trump has done: who has gotten the most from that relationship.

Thank you for saying so. You've just admitted that you have no interest in democracy, only your way. Funny that you are all about what you can get out of an election here but you'll cow-tow to Kim Jung-Un just so you can be homeys. In all seriousness....

Winston1 likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if nazis were out voting like crazy and electing nazis, would you encourage them to vote? just because you love democracy so much?

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are being dishonest.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i dont know that to be true. i know you tend to be dishonest.

if it is true, i dont think you have a plan to stop them.