Ego Ferguson suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 13, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

4 games for PED's. I feel he was using them to come back from an injury. I think they should be legal to come back from injury.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No excuse, everyone knows the rules by now. Sorry to hear it though.

ParadiseiNC and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

I still think it should be legal for a man to use PED's when coming back from an injury. I think the NFL needs to take a look at that. It's a stupid policy because normal people can use them under a doctor's care.

4. TwistedTiger

Yes, but I think they are detectable in the body for a long time. How do you determine if a player just used them for the recovery period or if he's still using. Plus players are injured all the time, a player could go through his entire career with detectable PEDs in his system if allowed to use when injured. I think it's possible the NFL would lose all ability to limit use of PEDs.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Maybe I'm just jaded but I'm never surprised when any athlete from any sport is caught. First off I think PED's should be legal. There are far worse things that are legal than steroids, especially under a Dr's supervision. I also feel that many athletes do use them, but they are masked.

lsu-i-like and LaSalleAve like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

I meant like if you tear an ACL or something. Your job is to play football, you should be allowed to rehab an injury any way a legit Doctor approves.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

I'm not against using them, I just think allowing them in will make it extremely hard to police.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

completely agree and was on this bandwagon years and years ago. why not improve mans health and livelihood if we have the technology. have it doctor administered instead of under the table backroom shady deals.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good point. Steroids weren't created for the purpose of building physical freaks. They have legitimate medical uses.
    They should be allowed under a doctor's care to be used in the aid of injury recovery. I had a steroid shot last month when I had some kind of virus. I felt better almost immediately.

10. LaSalleAve

Yeah I think you could pull a Tap and rummage up some threads from years ago where we were on the same page with steroids.

There is no such thing as job security in sports, so an injury, even one that you could come back from, could cost you your job just by attrition. That role has to be filled, and if someone does it well, why bring you back? You need to be able to get back as quickly as possible and if steroids help you do that and it's safe, what's the problem?