Eggs...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by GregLSU, Oct 13, 2014.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

When I get a nasty cold, or a bout of the flu... the progresso lintel or chicken noodle goes a long way to help me feel better.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Quiche is ok. However, eating a fritatta is inexcusable, expecially if eaten during "brunch".

Bengal B likes this.
  3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Seriously? I didn't think any adults bought soup in a can. It is so incredible easy to make!

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When you're sick its easier to just open a can, heat it up and go back to bed

StaceyO and GregLSU like this.
  5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I can imagine you sitting in front of 9-10 eggs and just chowing down. For whatever reason, it's funny to me. I have started exercising more and I eat breakfast now. Two eggs fried in bacon grease every morning and a piece of whole wheat toast with maybe a dab of butter, maybe not. What kind of eggs do you buy. Regular eggs or do you get the omega 3 or cage free eggs? I imagine eating 5 dozen a week, you probably get the regular to save on the expense, that's what I'd do but I only eat about a dozen a week and by the omega 3's.

One of my favorite recipes, although i don't eat it often is to cook one strip of bacon in a skillet then set it aside. I then fry an egg over well in the bacon grease. I put the egg and bacon on an english muffin, and the here's the key. Put a little shredded gruyere cheese on it. It's perfect but may not work with you because of the english muffing and by reading your posts, I would assume you would need 5 or 6 of those to make a dent in your hunger.

KyleK and GregLSU like this.
  6. mobius481

only when I'm sick and need something I can throw in the microwave at the office.

7. mobius481

My wife makes a tomato basil soup and we make grilled cheese sandwiches on the panini machine to dip into it. It's very good. We use different cheeses too for the sandwiches. I like half mozarella and half gruyere.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Grilled cheese and tomato soup was my favorite childhood lunch. And Dear Old Mom knew it.

Aaaargh! Eurocheese! Only sharp cheddar works for me.

I have no idea what a panini machine is. I put cheddar between two pieces of white bread, a bit of butter on the outside and grill it in a frying pan. I have long preferred the rich taste of whole wheat bread for almost everything, but a grilled cheese sandwich demands white bread.

9. mobius481

panini maker is just easier. Basically a george foreman grill, you just don't have to watch it while it's cooking.

Sharp cheddar has no place being dipped in tomato soup. You're missing out on the gruyere cheese. However, I agree on the bread. I wouldn't use wheat. I sometimes buy a loaf of french bread and slice it myself.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't like whole wheat buns for hamburgers either. Great for a turkey or a tuna sandwich but for a burger gimme the white. I have a machine I got for a gift one time. Not a panini machine but I guess you would call it a sandwich maker. I don't use it often because its an extra thing to have to clean but when you put the sandwich into it and clamp down the lid it cuts the sandwich into four wedges and seals them while it heats them so the cheese doesn't run out. Great with cheese and some very thinly sliced smoked ham

KyleK and GregLSU like this.