Eggs...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by GregLSU, Oct 13, 2014.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Even though I don't like eggs, I will eat quiche, but usually only if I make it, for whatever reason.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The average large egg contains roughly 78 cals, 5g total fat, only 1.6g sat fat, and 0.6 carbs. 187mgs cholest. You'd have to eat a fuck ton, more so than I can eat to do any real damage to your health, unless like I said, you have a predisposition, or your diet is truly garbage. I have blood panels drawn every 6 months, and to this day, I am healthier than most people 10/15 yrs younger than me.

I do eat egg whites, altho I usually do a mix, 4/5 whole eggs and 3/4 egg whites mixed and scrambled. My carb I take is very low as I do not eat breads, pastas, and other empty carbs. A very good majority of my carb intake comes from eggs or fiber type carbs from various green veggie sources. Altho I do eat a cpl of baked sweet potatoes a week.

I used to body build and ate a ton more eggs and such than I do now, the egg is the most anabolic, and bio-available food on the planet. Like I said, I was roughly 265 pounds of not so nice BF% in april, I am now 205 and very close to single digit BF.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I do not like green eggs and ham. I do like ham. And I like chocolate Easter eggs

GregLSU likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have eaten quiche a few times and a couple of times it was good and a couple of times it wasn't. Depends on who makes it. Please don't tell anybody I ate quiche. I don't want to have to turn in my real man card;)

GregLSU and StaceyO like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he's like Jerry Seinfeld. Had a different girlfriend almost every episode. When I'm sick I want either chicken noodle soup or tomato soup with a Coke

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Well that is not really an egg. It is not like you said that you liked the Cadbury Creme Egg that has the white and yellow inside.

GregLSU likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I like those too

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

old beliefs die hard. this stuff has been disproved/proven for quite some time.

http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy

GregLSU likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

First they find out something you've been eating all your life will kill you so you stop eating it. Then they find out that they were wrong and its really good for you and something else will kill you. Fuck it. I'm going to get me a double bacon cheeseburger and a root beer float.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All I want is soup or a grilled cheese sandwich.

tirk likes this.