Eggs...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by GregLSU, Oct 13, 2014.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm going to fix #8 in the AM and perhaps add a few ingredients depending on what's in the kitchen. Not sure we have fresh sage.

GregLSU likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You often casually mention "once having a gf." I'd like to know how many of those were really a gf you had ONCE.

TT, I love eggs too. Scrambled egg sammich is the only thing I can eat when sick. I eat them often when I'm not sick too. May and ketchup.

shane0911 and GregLSU like this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Poor wordsmithing, perhaps. You can't appreciate it, Married Guy, but old bachelors can have a scandalous number of former girlfriends. I have been sternly admonished never to refer to former girlfriends as old girlfriends. I have also been influenced by John Lennon's Norwegian Wood . . . "I once had a girl or should I say, she once had me."

But to answer your question, not many. Even in my studly youth, I was never much of a one-night-stander. Quick pickups of strange skirt never really worked for me. I meet women, they find me interesting, and then I grow on them. (not literally pervert, conceptually).

I prefer a good egg salad sandwich.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yep, that's what I figured you'd say. All the poon hounds I know always downplay that number.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

That's an astonishing amount of eggs/week. I'm a bit of a fitness freak and watch my diet closely as well, you mentioned eating almost zero carbs (an effective way to stay lean) do you eat only the egg whites? I ask because the yokes are loaded with carbs and cholesterol. If your goal is to go zero carbs have you ever tried eating strictly egg whites?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My daily diet is such that you'd think my cholesterol would be high but its in the normal range. That's probably because I don't eat eggs although I will use them in something if a recipe calls for it. I not only don't like eggs fried, scrambled or boiled I won't eat tuna salad, chicken salad or potato salad if it contains those slimy little pieces of egg white. I used to think I might be the only person on earth who didn't eat eggs but in another thread I think it was @StaceyO who said she didn't like them either.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You're absolutely correct. I abhor eggs, though I will eat them when they are part of a recipe, like you suggested.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Do you like green eggs and ham?

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

About the quiche. I'll make a couple of pies for my kids so they can slice of a piece for breakfast throughout the week. They are dairy heavy. A pie shell uses only 3 eggs, a lot of cheese and cream. Of course, you can make it 'light' but that takes all the fun out of it.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I am the master of the trash omelet. Whatever happens to be sitting in the refrigerator with a handful of cheese goes in it. Pulled pork, roasted chicken, leftover fajitas, tomatoes, ham, spinach, broccoli, pico, swiss, cheddar, muenster, provolone, etc. all make for delicious omelets. Most of the time I just mix in a tablespoon of spicy pico and some colby cheese. It never gets old. Poached eggs are pretty good and a nice way to mix things up.

KyleK and GregLSU like this.