Eggs...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by GregLSU, Oct 13, 2014.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I eat a ton of eggs, roughly about 5 dozen a wk. I am running out of ideas to dress them up, and am beginning to get bored with them. I usually try different things, like today I diced a dozen or so jalapeno slices and threw'em in with the 8 eggs I scrambled.

I have done cheese of different types, but I'm not big on dairy. And I have added red, yellow, and green bell peppers, diced celery, diced chikn, and venison, sausage, crumbled bacon, etc.

I usually top my eggs off with either Louisiana Hot sauce, or Tabasco with black pepper, or cracked pepper corn.

Anyone have any tasty recipes to help liven up scrambled eggs?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's a lot of eggs. I eat about a half-dozen a week. Mostly fried eggs with grits.

Scrambled eggs . . . I like them with a good chunky salsa. But at my favorite diner in Denver, they serve hash browns and scrambled eggs with chili on them and it's pretty good.

I once had a girlfriend that was mad about quiche, which is a scrambled egg pie. The best one was a spinach quiche, but she made one with bacon, cheese and tomatoes that was damn good.

And I really like deviled eggs with meds.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I do apologize for being rude, I actually went to delete that post because I do agree with some of things you say, but you had already responded, but damn sometimes you can be a frustrating mutha.

Back to topic. Back in March/April after a cpl of years of adrenal gland issues, I found myself fat as hell. About 260-265, I have cleaned up my diet and now sit pretty lean around 205. Eggs are very heathy, and I have zero cholesterol issues. I'm a firm believe in eggs, and usually do 4 whole eggs with 4 egg whites scrambled.

I couldn't begin to make a quiche, never have, but I do like them. And I love spinach. Might have to try that. But I have gone through salsa, and other hot sauces, and compliments to eggs. Starting to run out of ideas, and I don't like eating the same ole same ole every day.

Oh and I eat the shiat out of deviled eggs. Love'em.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Holy smoke. That's a lot. Have you told your doctor and if so what was their reaction? I love eggs, but I probably have 6 at most a week.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Unless you're predisposed to cholesterol issues, or have a very bad diet, most people couldn't eat enough eggs to do anything really bad to you. I eat a lot of fish, and chikn, and tuna, some lean red meat, etc. And I eat almost zero carbs, except for what's considered fiber carbs in green veggies, but those you don't count. I have lost 60-65 pounds since Mar/April. Eggs have been a large part of that.

But to answer your question, yes, he's aware and has done blood panels. According to him I am in better health than most 20 year olds.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Thanks for the response. That's good news. I have cholesterol issues so that's why I don't eat that many.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I don't always, sometimes it'll take me a cpl weeks to eat the whole box, but I do eat a lot. It's kind of like the mercury in fish thing, you'd have to eat a LOT of pounds of fish to be effected from it.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't eat eggs. Never liked them. Not scrambled, fried or boiled. But I love French toast. Go figure

GregLSU likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I called a friend that is a huge breakfast gourmet and mad collector of internet recipes and she emailed me this:

15 Ways to Scramble Eggs

1. roasted tomatoes and fresh thyme, topped with romano

2. chunky salsa, black olives and avocado

3. cooked asparagus and blue cheese

4. roast turkey, wild mushrooms and goat cheese

5. shrimp, green onions, and cilantro

6. smoked gouda and apricot chutney

7. crabmeat, green onions, and cream cheese blended with a splash of dry sherry

8. crumbled breakfast sausage, red and green peppers, fresh sage

9. prosciutto, spinach and shaved parmesan, with a dash of nutmeg

10. cream corn, pepper bacon and green chiles, with a dash of cayenne

11. bacon, mushrooms and green onion

12. green chilis, onion, turmeric, cumin

13. sautéed tomatoes and mushrooms with chives

14. green eggs and ham: a dollop of pesto, chopped spinach and smoked ham

15. ratatouille: sautéed zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant and onions​

tigerchick46, KyleK and GregLSU like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Mmmm damn those all sound good. Appreciate it, now I have something to look forward to trying. I also like dicing up crawfish tails from leftover boils and putting them in there, but that's a seasonal option.