Ed O in first two seasons up to now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by six pack dan, Sep 23, 2018.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The LSU/Bama series (minus the dreaded NC game) is tied up at 9-9 since the 2000 season.

With the exception of 4 games where we lost by 14 or more points:

‘02 - 31-0
    ‘13 - 38-17
    ‘15 - 30-16
    ‘17 - 24-10

Defense was never the question. It’s always been this BS impotent, outdated offense that has held
    LSU back. In the following games, had LSU had an offense that could move the ball, we would’ve/could’ve won. The defense in these games did more than enough for LSU to win these games, the offense not so much.

‘08 - 27-21 OT
    ‘09 - 24-15
    ‘12 - 21-17
    ‘14 - 20-13 OT
    ‘16 - 10-0

LSU has lost 6 straight regular season SEC games to Bama going into this year, it’s time to end this trend and start giving Bama a taste of L’s. If O can not kill this trend, it will ultimately be his demise here regardless of how he fares agianst everyone else.

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE, lsu-i-like and 2 others like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well well well my ears are burning. Yes one of us, that would be me, has yes toned it down. Dont think for one split second I have changed my views because of the "Forum Police" here. How have I toned it down you ask? Thanks for asking. I will not engage people who in their own words that say things like "I will never be an O fan" and "I have tried not to hate O". I will not engage someone that actually has to try NOT to hate our coach yet claims he loves the Tigers. How do you pull for your team and and at the same time tell the kids "I hate your coach"? Team means players and coaches. Imagine a fan that literally hates a coach that has us at 4-0. A coach with a team that has a QB with 4 total starts ever, all new RB's and WR's, best defensive player out, 2 TE's out, 3 OL starters out and yet defied the "expert media" and "expert fans" with a 4-0 start. I will be policing myself. I do realize on my own and because some here have given me pause and reasonable advice that I do get out of hand at times.

I will talk to people like you B your choice of course to talk back to me. You from my experience at least do not hate our coach and are a knowledge reasonable fan. I will be watching for "creeping political correctness" at this forum and just as I believe I am on some kind of "watch list" or "stealth probation" here believe me I have this forum on my on watch list to.

I will not challenge anyones football knowdledge anymore I will simple state mine and not engage certain posters here should they challenge my views. So posters here will not have to be bothered by my opinions anymore because they will not be directed at them personally within their post. They can argue with posters of like thought. Hope this forum doesnt become a no fun forum and a forum of like thought only. If it does that would be sad and I will certainly not be around to give my opinions should it.

Here are my unshakable views on O and this team now;

I could care less about what O did at Ole Miss or elsewhere. As our coach he took a team as interim coach and won 6-2. His OC was literally thrown into the OC position and set offensive records that year. Played Bama off their feet. Recruited well that year filling positions of need for the 2017 class. This year he is a perfect 4-0, brought in a great transfer QB (Jeaux), a great DL (Fehoko), a great OL (Lewis) and 2 all star kickers (Tracy and Atkins) that have all improved this team. Kept Aranda paying him well. His appointment of E to OC was a great move. We are now throwing to our recievers again, throwing deep, throwing to our RB's, throwing to our TE, running our QB and developing our running game. What some people don't understand is that with a new QB and a constantly changing OL you simply can't run every play you want to. The offense will grow as we mature and OL starters heal. Also O is not letting the outside noise affect him or his team. The kids appear to love him and play hard for him. O has great recruiting skills and the class for 2019 is looking really good. He is from Louisiana and loves this state and LSU. He is not a coach that dreams of coaching another college football team, he wants to be here.

Unless the wheels come off the wagon he and his staff has my backing and confidence. A 7-5 to an improbable 10-2 are my predictions and will be satisfied with this for 2018. With the new starters on offense, new OC and the rash of very key injuries surprised we are where we are. Every team with the exceptions of Rice and Arkansas has the capability of beating us. I give us a 60% chance of beating Ole Miss, a 50% chance at Moo U and a 50% chance at Fla and a 40% chance at A&M. A 30% chance of beating Ga and 10% chance of beating Bama. It is simple unrealistic to think we are ready to challenge for the SEC title this year. Possibility next year maybe year after I think we will. O is still playing with Miles' guys. Not to say they are bad but they are not all O's guys yet. My view is he needs to be judged by his team he recruited.

We comin
    images-40.jpeg

Brian, leroy7500, didit and 3 others like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Neither can I!

You know, baseball games have taught me it ain't over until the last pitch. I get a little rowdy when we start getting pissed over a few bad series early in the game.

Like the AU game. Shit went south real quick, but you know what, our coaches and team hung in there and won the damn game!

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Every time he is in the game, we get a holding call or chop block.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

All this talk of CEO if funny to me... who else you gonna get?

CEO has fixed things that were obvious, get a kicker and a new unpredictable offense (Les should have seen how run heavy worked out for Arky with McFadden, Jones and Hillis and just how the game has evolved to passing in general). CEO also reduced the insane playbook for practice down to a manageable level and expressed that more time should be done on film work, keep the kids fresh for game day. CEO has done other things too to get the program on track.

The program is headed in the right direction... now just have to get the recruits believing that he is staying.

Brian, didit, el005639 and 4 others like this.
  7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Very good post @Kikicaca
    This is pretty much my view as well, with the same reasoning in mind. If no one else will 'like' this post, I certainly will. Very clear, clean, and non-threatening, and well worded. Reading it actually gave me a positive feeling. I agree that it is unrealistic to think we will do any better than 10-2 this season, I will also be satisfied with 7-5 or better. Especially if I am seeing improvements like, less costly penalties, less dropped catches on good passes, etc...

lsu-i-like and watson1880 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can't hold Oeaux responsible for the culture at Miami or USC. He was offered jobs that no coach in his position with any aspirations would turn down. A chance to learn from two of the legendary coaches in college football. Miami was Thug U when he got there and how was he in any way responsible for the Reggie Bush situation at USC?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Well said. Any words of wisdom for the one gutless poster who hasn't been seen since before the Auburn game? I just cooked a big pot of creaux etouffe.

watson1880 likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I need you to make a big pot of etouffee and jambalaya.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.