Early Superbowl Line

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Jan 21, 2018.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Then he caught it AGAIN

How much did you lose?

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard that discussion and basically I have to agree with your reasoning except for one small cravat. The Saints had the element of surprise on their side. Nobody on the Colts team even considered that their might be an onside kick. The Patriots didn't know that the Eagles were going to run a trick play but they knew that the Eagles were going to run a play. They didn't know of it would be a run, a pass or some sort of trickeration but they knew that a play was forthcoming. Belichick may even have considered the the play might be a trick one but dismissed the idea.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

5. An onside kick is infinitely harder to properly execute than a former QB throwing a pass to another QB who's a decent athlete.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No I agree. I’m saying the rule is so screwed up now, that even when a catch is clearly a catch, it’s called into question, because of this “process” business. I’m trying to interpret the rule, and obviously doing no better than the league.

5. didit

didit Veteran Member

agree... dude caught the ball, took 3 steps and was contacted by the defender as he dove into the endzone... since he was technically a runner (took 3 steps), the play stops as the football breaks the plane of the goal line... even if you allow continuation of the play, since he was a runner, who was contacted by a defender, the ground can't cause a fumble... even if you allow the ground to cause the "fumble", he recovered his own fumble... this play was a TD, plain and simple and the fact that ole turkey neck gave it lip service that it was anything but is ludicrous...

now, if one wants to bitch about a play being incorrectly called, the TD pass to the QB was illegal procedure for sure... there were actually 2 fouls on the same play... only 6 men on the l.o.s. and the tackle has to be covered by an eligible receiver or has to report as eligible... upload_2018-2-6_9-55-38.png and upload_2018-2-6_9-58-35.png

6. shane0911

Because you're not listening. The process was completed. The ref said so. :D

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

8. shane0911

Again, you guys are confusing the 4th down attempt at the end of the 1st half which wasn't all that big of a gamble with the one at the end of the 4th which had far more on the line. Punt or miss on the attempt and the game is over

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought that was the one he was referring to, but you're right, that one took some stones.