Early Doucet and Xavier Carter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Jan 6, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU is overstocked at every position imaginable. Except at punter. I am worried about that position.

You can laugh now.

My bad on Holifield. I subscribe to rivals.com and did not even see that. I have not been on the site since the holidays however, so I did not know.

2. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Jimbo probably figures that with all of the offensive talent and weapons and with JaMarcus Russell (probably) stepping up next year, they won't ever need to punt! LOL

Seriously, Jones (from the same high school as me, incidentally - also the same high school as Major Applewhite, Travis Minor, and Warren Capone) has been a great punter and a great guy to have on the team in more ways than one. I will miss having him on the team, and, more importantly, the team will miss him. Did y'all hear or read about his mock interview of Saban prior to the Sugar Bowl? It was hilarious. He kept things loose and was a pretty darned good leader - for a punter!

3. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

I think

Patrick Fisher will be good at punter, but we don't really have a back-up after that.

4. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I really don't think that we need to worry about LSU going after too many players or anything. Just because we're over here in the internet making up wish lists without knowing the rules, you gotta think that the coaches know the rules like the back of thier hands.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Chris Jackson is shown on the LSU depth chart as 3rd string punter. So I assume he will be the backup to Fisher.

6. DValley

DValley Founding Member

What about OL? I know of Livings, McGill, Whitworth, and Wilkerson. Let's say big ben leaves, who is in the depths? Niswanger, Dyakowski, Arnold? There's some on this year's committment list as well. Does anybody know our future here.

7. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Early is ready to commit

ON rivals.com it says that early is ready to make his comittment. I thought he was going to wait for his visit to say that he is coming to LSU.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Re: Early is ready to commit

Why wait? Hell, Early spent more time on the LSU sideline than he did on the St. Martinville sideline this season. That trip to Miami was little more than an all-expenses paid vacation. Can't fault the kid for that.

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

the people i think we will sign is
    early
    carter
    favorite
    sanders
    lucas
    and maybe one more

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

If the WR corps---with the additions of Doucet and Carter---is indeed so loaded, 2004 is the time to let JaMarcus shine and start developing that rapport with these young WR studs:

Geaux to dental school, Matt, and thanks for the memories.

Anyone who doesn't think a talented, blue-chip young QB who hasn't taken a collegiate snap can't step in and fully utilize the weapons around him hasn't heard of Matt Lienhart or Chris Leak, apparently.