Dunkin Donuts water dumping

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Oct 2, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Apparently, a homeless dude with schizophrenia was charging his cell phone inside a DD in Syracuse, NY and fell asleep. He says he wanted to call his momma to say good night. An employee of said DD decided to dump a pitcher of water on him to "wake him up" and get him to leave. A video was taken by a co-worker who laughed during the event.

DD initially suspended the workers but now are claiming their employment has been terminated. I should hope so.

What's interesting to me is that many of the news outlets are not showing the entire video (making it difficult to determine race of either party), aren't providing the audio (which contains racial epithets), and flat out do not discuss the race of either party. Based on the plethora of stories over the last several months where white people are reported doing and saying dumb shit to black people, why is this story lacking in that detail?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dunkin-donuts-fires-workers-for-dumping-water-on-homeless-man/

That's why.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He got a dunkin' but no donuts.

65Grad, HalloweenRun and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

These guys took the rebranding just a little too far!

Bengal B likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Unfortunately, if it doesn’t garner clicks and likes it doesn’t get attention except for maybe locally.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

This isn't the first time in recent history I have seen these kinds of stories where restaurant employees have bullied, or attacked homeless people. Just once I wish there were a group of banditos or hells angles, or similar type group present, that just straight mobs these employees asses. Teaches them what it's like to be a helpless bitch.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

You live in Texas?

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

NW Louisiana. We have both groups here, mainly banditos tho.

8. LaSalleAve

I was wondering how you would know about the Banditos, most people outside of Texas and New Mexico have no idea who they are, had no idea they had a presence in LA but NW makes sense

watson1880 and GregLSU like this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

They're BIG here. One of their support clubs, the Gray Ghosts are here too.

Not that long ago of one the ranking members of the local Banditos chapter here wrecked his bike, was pretty banged up. Spent some time in one of our ICU's. The International Pres and his crew were all here to see him. You see them here all the time in numbers. Most are pretty good dudes unless you go starting shit with them. They do a lot of really good charitable stuff for battered women and children in the area.

10. LaSalleAve

I’m imagining Sons of Anarchy and all the time they spent at the hospital in that show.

Most of the time MC’s aren’t that bad. Just like every group of humans there are pieces of shit sprinkled amongst them probably.

GregLSU likes this.