Duck, what's going on with the Oregon softball program?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TerryP, Jan 29, 2019.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@GiantDuckFan I'm seeing a few things hit in this area about roster issues and transfers. Is the new coach bringing in that much of a culture change?

It was mentioned to me last night that the Ducks are down to less than 15 on roster, one of those being ineligible, along with having a lot transfer including three pitchers. I've not looked it up to see how the reports are reading...curious as to your take.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I would imagine Tiga has more insight into the matter than the duck, but I'm just guessing...

kcal likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Is this a sad attempt to pretend Bama has more than just a losing football team.

You know, I think it is.

Beginning of the end, Terry.

mctiger likes this.
  4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Maybe that's not the best thing for you...that "thinking" bit you're trying.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would have said @uscvball before @lsutiga but he does keep up with the sport. We've talked about games quite a bit over the years.

vball probably has an interesting take since these players jumped into the transfer portal and the Trojans just had a guy do the same (he'd only been committed since the Dec. signing date.)

What caught my attention was the mention of nine playes transferring this off-season; several of them starters and three of them were pitchers. Lombardi did a hell of a job at OU with their pitching staff under Gasso and as an assistant head coach.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Duck has a handle on it.

Oregon's AD didn't do right by White so he was right to leave for Texas. Its left a feeling that Oregon doesn't value women's sports. Plus Lombardi apparently has rules regarding dress codes and such. She's done a piss poor job of player retention.

They had 14 rostered and had an MCL injury to an outfielder yesterday so now down to 13. Brutal situation.

And USC has had 4 players enter the portal.

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

and I'd like to add,.. that the Ducks were a top team, ranked #1 for most of last year, when Mike White left he basically took four players with him. Five more players have left since, two All American pitchers and our #3 as well. Also a half dozen of our best hitters have left. Only two seniors and one starter remains from last year's team. With a couple of transfers ineligible, and a season-ending injury, that leaves the Ducks with just 13 healthy players remaining on the roster, with 11 available to fill nine positions.

The assistant AD is probably most to blame, there was disrespect towards the minor sport's coaches.

The new softball coach's culpability is sorta unknown, just rumours of dress codes, bed checks and moral religious factors,.. but the players continue to quit.

This is all very sad, the Ducks were a very tight team, very fun loving, they often sold out their beautiful stadium, they were a joy to watch, It's just sad

Oregon softball No. 25, unranked in preseason polls, biggest offseason drop in history

Canzano: What went wrong with Oregon Ducks softball?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Be thankful that it's only softball in the dumpster. Oregon football is on the upswing. You have good basketball.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

On the account tiga is the authority on itty bitty titty womens sports.

Was my guess

TerryP likes this.
  10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Dayum. Dress codes? Can you share a little more?

It sounds so familiar with what Greg Goff tried at Bama with his the baseball program--got his ass fired as well.