Duck Hunters?

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Oct 20, 2011.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Any of you hunt ducks? I haven't since I lost my hunting partner a few years back but I bought a stamp this year and plan to.

I heard a lot of ducks moved into our State with the front. Hope they stick around for a couple of weeks.

2. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Every single weekend of the season! During early teal season we were seeing quit a few flocks of Pintails, and even had a few decoy into our spread. Not sure about LA, but I am reading reports and hearing from other hunters that large numbers of specs are already here in TX. Gadwall's are starting to move in as well. I think a lot of ducks caught that tailwind on down to the coast, at least I hope!

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

Shortly after the season closed last year I had hundreds of pintail in a field across from my house. They would stay there. At night I could hear them whistle.

I hadn't seen so many since the mid to late 80's when we could take 10 in a limit. I hope they come back. They cut the rice and the guy who farms it offered me to hunt it. We're childhood friends. In fact he brought me some teal to cook for the game tomorrow. I can't wait to eat them.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Big duck hunter, looking for some good spots this year close to Katy, TX. Training my new pup, have a new shotgun ... so ready for the season to start.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Also, I have been seeing lots of pintail at my house when I train.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

How much fun does a dog add to a hunt? When I had my last chocolate (I trained him) watching him work was THE BEST thing about the hunt.

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

It makes everything better IMO. My family has always had a self trained retriever. We train gsps now.

8. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

I thoroughly enjoy having my pup out there. I have a 2.5 yr old female Chessie. It was awesome watching her work in the rice fields during early teal season.

Rolan, what area are you planning to hunt this season? You are practically in my back yard.

9. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

My favorite duck by far. I am still trying for that perfect drake to put on the wall though.

10. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Some of the guys on our lease scouted a few properties this weekend. TONS of ducks and geese. Things look good so far.